Dukan Diet

I'm thinking of trying it. Anyone have an opinion or any advice?

Replies

• Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 715 Member
    Hello,

Here is a link to the Meb MD review. They have some concerns that you might not be allowed to eat from enough food groups to get enough nutrition, so you might want to read that and see what you think about it..

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/dukan-diet-review
  • i follow the dukan diet. u will get loads of responses from people who think its the root of all evil, lol. search the threads theres one by people who are following the diet. it works well for me. i eat lean meat, dairy, oatbran, vegetables and goji berries. i know what i can and cant eat. i do cheat occasionally and i will sometimes drink a vodka diet coke (or 3!).

my starchy carbs are only restricted during the weight loss stage. once i get to my target weight i will reintroduce these slowly (bread, pasta, potatoes etc) and im ok with that. maybe google a weeks sample menu (there are loads available) and see if u will be able to eat this way. good luck!!
  • Me! I started out doing Atkins because low-carb has always worked really well for me. 6 weeks in I bought the Dukan Diet book and changed over to it. I have been on it ever since (4 months). I am real close to losing 60 pounds now in the total time. I like it and it's working for me. I also am insulin-resistant so the lower carb helps that and I feel soooo much better than I did. I can't say that I recommend Dukan over anything else because I think the "best" diet is the one that you will do. And different things work for different people. You have to do whatever you can live with. I don't really think of it as a diet but rather, I changed my way of eating. I can't ever go backto my old habits or I will gain the weight back. I work on a 90/10 way of eating in that I eat well 90% of the time and whatever I want 10% of the time. I think if you say you absolutely can never have something then you set yourself up for failure. I can have anything I want but I can't have it all time. So to answer your question, I love the diet but you have to do what will work for you. I also am walking 5 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week and I think exercise is mandatory. The Dukan Diet requires you to walk 20 mins. a day and that is non-negotiable. Whatever you chose, i wish you lots of luck!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Thanks everyone!