If you have a memebership at a gym then please..

Tell me what you pay and what you consider reasonable? I am checking out gyms in my area and wondered what would be aq good deal?

Replies

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    i pay $80. Thats for childcare while I workout too, and all the classes they offer for no additional charge. I go about 4x a week so its worth it to me. That is the most i would ever pay though.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    I joined Planet Fitness...$10 a month with like a annual membership fee of like $30 if I remember right :wink:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    My gym is $19 a month that includes childcare and access to all the classes they have... and i think there was a $150 sign up fee. Nice gym but I wish it had a pool
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    I had a 24 hour gym $25 a month $100 sign up I loved that gym. free sauna and classes
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    £25 a month. Gym, Squash Courts, Climbing Wall, Swimming Pool, Classes, Sauna inclusive.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    My gym is $19 a month that includes childcare and access to all the classes they have... and i think there was a $150 sign up fee. Nice gym but I wish it had a pool
    ugh i wish i could find one at that price!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 675 Member
    I pay $20 a month with an annual fee of $29.
  • NonchalantX
    NonchalantX Posts: 13 Member
    Got membership at the Uni gym for £150 for the year. It's not 24 hours (which is a shame as it gets a bit busy during the day) but has access to 25m pool. Have to pay extra for classes too.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    It really depends on where you live. I'm in a rural area, and my co-worker lives in the metro area. She has a membership through work at all the Ballys' in the world, with pools and full service and everything. $180 per YEAR!!!. I live in the other direction and am looking at Anytime or Snap and other key card yourself in and we wish you luck type places with no pool or anything for $30 per month. :(

Good luck.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    $65/mo at the YMCA near our house, for a family membership (it's currently just my husband and I, no kids). Includes access to all workout equipment, pool, hot tub, sauna, aerobic classes, and I'm sure more that we don't use. Before I would have said that I thought it was a bit much as it was small, and kinda run down looking but they did a huge renovation and now it's really nice.
  • I go to ballys. and its $20 a month. they have a sauna, jacuzzi, pool, tennis court, track,and a weight and cardio room. I love going there.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    £25 a month. Gym, Squash Courts, Climbing Wall, Swimming Pool, Classes, Sauna inclusive.

Wow! I pay more than twice that! Stupid expensive London!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I got the 24 Hour Fitness deal from Costco - 2 year pre-paid for $299 (= $12.50 per month). Only downside is the gym is crazy crowded at prime time.
  • I go to Planet Fitness and it's $10 a month. Very nice gym. I like it a lot! No spa or swimming pool and noone judging you or telling you to get a trainer. For $20 a month you can tan and bring a visitor every time you want to.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    $70/month for me and hubby and childcare for my daughter. All the classes are free, has pool and sauna and we did not pay a sign-up fee. We aren't under contract either, can cancel at anytime.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    $10 a month $30 annual fee..they have tons of equipment, cardio, machines, a circut...BUT...no extras..no pool, childcare, classes, nothing..however it is well maintained, clean and really friendly staff, and has every thing I need so it is a trade off, but I go 5 times a week which is only .50 cents per workout, so it is an awesome deal for me.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    We live in NY and joined about 3 yrs ago. Our rates are really amazing.... For the family rate (me and husband) we pay 90.00 combined! This was before the gym was redone so they gave us a great rate and we were grandfathered in. We really make the most out of our memberships, and it also has free babysitting, which I try not to use too much.....
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    I pay £11.99 a month. Its proper cheap because I joined before it opened so got a nice monthly discount :D
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    OMG... that's a super bargain!!! Where do you live, how can I get such a good deal?

I pay £45 a month @ LA Fitness... I'm on a 6month contract which suits me as I joined to use the swimming pool, although I do use the gym too at the weekends. (the pool also has steam room, sauna and spa pool - fitness classes, sunbeds and other services are extras.) The municipal facilities were £34 a month, but not as salubrious although I never ventured into the gym and it's about £50 to join the Aqua Springs spa centre as well as the fitness pool and gym... which is why I thought the membership I was on wasn't too bad for the privilege of a half-empt pool and good clean facilities.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    retro fitness if the best for guys looking to get in shape
    $20 a month and sometimes no join fee at all!
    Problem is if you're looking for pools or zumba classes or that stuff then you're in the wrong gym. They have all the machines you can think of.