Weekends are so overrated!!!!

So it's the weekend....for me it has its positives!!!!!!!
1. No class full of hyper pre-teens doing everything but wanting to learn to convert fractions to percents or problem solving!!!
2. No fighting traffic!!!!!
3. No dealing with that boss that seems to have lost the sense of intelligence!!!!!

But I am such a creature of habit...during the week I know what, when, where, why, how to eat. Come Friday at 4:10pm I just lose my senses or something. I usually avoid my healthy dinners for a cheap fix that doesn't even satisfy me and makes me feel guilty..

Now it is the weekend....YAYYYYYY, I mean that is why we work huh, living for the weekend,I get up and do some cardio and then..... it goes downhill from there. I am recovering from back surgery so I am kind of limited to what I can do.. Dr will only allow me to ride the stationary bike for the time being.

But since I am not on any schedule for 2 whole days........ its like I don't what or how I am supposed to do anything....YaYYYY the weekend again I have nowhere to be or nothing to do.....and my healthy lifestyle with 5-6 great meals goes by the waist side and I here eatin 4 or 5 times between Saturday and Sunday if I remember.

Well the weekend is here but I kind of need Monday to get here so I know how to conduct myself!!!!!!

p.s. I am just ranting because I am crying inside since I can't lift any weights and I have all this energy and who knows what other underlining meanings can be depicted from this ..... yeah go weekends!!!!

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    What about hiking? It's a great workout, it takes up time, and you could even get some like minded friends together, hike for the day, and then make some healthy dinner. I always find that social things with people who are also trying to be healthy are the best way to pass the time when I don't know what to do.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    The key is to continue making the same choices during the weekend as you do during the week. Is it easy? Not for most people. Read through the threads and I bet you'll see a lot of "weekends are hard" posts. Most people overindulge on the weekends though.

As for the back surgery, PLEASE listen to the doctor. I had back surgery (two of them a week apart, actually) in 1992. I never wanted to be seen as weak or unable to do something, so I've pushed my back beyond its limits in order to avoid looking weak. If I could go back in time? I would undo all the damage I did by trying to be something I wasn't.

Give it time to heal. :)
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    I am not saying I don't love the weekends cuz I do but I somewhat agree. Monday through Friday eat super clean and exercise like crazy. Then the weekend comes and the wife wants to go out to eat and get drinks...yadda yadda yadda.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    I'd just like to have a job. Every day's a weekend. It's a lesson in self-control, for sure.
  • K:smile: now how you are feeling just saying the same thing having eaten a dinner i should have avioded, or a least not eaten so much. Roll on Monday who would ever think we would be saying that!!!!!!!!!!!
  • At moment Dr won't let me hike...not strong enough just yet!!!! I had to beg to get clearance for the stationary bike!!! But I will recruit some friends to do something soon on the weekends!!!

I do have control over the eating I usually cook all my meals during the week and I just want a break from eating my own cooking come Saturday and Sunday...choices aren't that bad I just don't eat with the same purpose or enough!!! So I need to work that demon out, so I can continue to grow! Or should I say shrink!!!LOL

I am taking it as easy as possible with this back, I have been bothered by it Since March and I am just at the point to where I feel somewhat better since my procedure in October and by no means do I want to digress!
  • I'm the same way - I always tend to eat more on the weekends. Focus on drinking only water so you don't consume empty calories from sugary drinks. I also try to carry a healthy snack in my purse or workout bag so I'm not tempted to stop at a fast food place and overreat.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    What if during the week you make enough so you have leftovers for the weekend? May not be the yummiest thing but if it's already cooked, you save yourself that step, at least for one meal?

What about coming up with a routine for the weekends? Not as strict as the workweek but sometimes having a routine for those days help. And can you walk? If not outside maybe around a mall or something? Not to strenuous but enough to get rid of some of the energy
  • Love the idea sharleengc...I am on it! A weekend routine and a week routine!!!

Leanmean I just started to keep refilling the largerst cup with water to combat useless carlories!!!!