Jenny Craig

I just joined Jenny Craig, today is my first day. Can anyone give me some feed back if they have tried Jenny Craig?

Replies

• ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,010 Member
    I joined the Success Plus program in 1996. Lost 34 lbs in 6 mos from 177 - 143. I never made it to my goal weight, which was 135. I really liked all the consultants I had. I went weekly for weigh ins and bought their food...7 days supply for 2+ months, then they lowered my calorie level and I went on the buy 5 days, eat 2 of my own. I learned what to eat from them in the dairy/fat/protein/veggies/fruits/grain format. Not once did they teach me calories. I don't know if that happens in *maintenance* stage...I never got that far. I did for the most part enjoy their food. I just stopped going and tried for a few years to do it on my own. I gained 50 lbs on top of the 177. At my highest, 231 I tried to do it again on my own and lost about 60. I would love to join again, but my eating preferences have changed. I now eat mostly clean, fresh, non-processed food. Packaged food scares me. I'm sure the program has changed in 15 yrs. Good luck..it can be done!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 715 Member
    I have not been on any of the major diet programs and do my best to eat healthy and exercise on my own, but my big concern with any of the diet programs that want you to eat all or mostly pre-packaged foods is the fact that you are not getting fresh produce, and the amount of chemical preservatives you are consuming.
  • bdaves
    bdaves Posts: 13 Member
    I'm also on Jenny Craig and have lost 35 lbs since I joined in July. I find it to be perfect for me as I often do not have time to cook and need someone else to do that part for me so to speak. There are also message boards on the Jenny Craig website which are tremendously helpful and supportive with lots of advice focused solely on JC. I highly recommend checking them out.
This discussion has been closed.