I feel like I'm developing an eating disorder...

Options
2»

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey, i would recommend talking to your parents and having them schedule an appointment with a psychologist and your doctor. They will be able to help talk you through it and help you with what to do next. Don't worry about your weight, worry about your health. Good luck!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am so saddened to read your post. You DO have a eating disorder and do need to get help. Your action right now might not seem like much to you but trust me when I say, what you are doing now will have a HUGE impact on your size when you age. Screwing up your metabolism when you are young will affect you in adverse ways as you grow older. IF you care anything about your family and boyfriend you will share with them what is going on and let them help you. They love you and need you to be healthy.
  • MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Please get help. Talk to someone you trust first, if you're not comfortable talking to a professional. If you're not careful, you're going to end up in the hospital, and I'm sure you don't want that. Please, look after yourself.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    As a lot of people have said already:-

Please speak to your family or a doctor immediately about this. There is no question about it, you are developing an ED. :flowerforyou:
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options
    i'm the same way
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    **Good call, FearAndLoating.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It really worries me that the BF is egging her on with this. WTF is wrong with that dude?

If you read what she wrote again you will see the boyfriend is trying to make sure she eats
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Please talk to someone. It's very important.

This. And ignore the ignorant people who may be PMing you stuck deep in their disorders. There are some hateful anorexics and other ED'ed people on here. Do NOT listen to it. You are beautiful.

However, you are too young to be on here (partly because of what I said above). Look into professional help with your thinking patterns. Seek out professional help getting you back into eating in a healthy manner. But MFP isn't the place for it until you're 18. I truly wish you the best.
  • akgenkinger
    akgenkinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sister that has had eating disorder now for over 20 years. The longer you let this go on the worse it is going to get. You seriously need to come clean with your parents. This is something you don't take seriously. You have made first step by reaching out to strangers on web site now reach on to the ones that love you. Good Luck and I hope you get some help.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    dont listen to those people who tell you that you dont have a problem...you do and it will just get worse. The sooner you deal with it the better your chances of success. Weight doesnt matter..labels shouldnt matter. What matters is you are doing damage to your body. Is there anyone you can talk to about this. I have had my ED for 25 years so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Hang in threre and try to be good to yourself.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders.

You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

_Sally_
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.