Work stress

Options
So this week was a REALLY long, exhausting one at work.

I have been trying to go to the gym 5-6 days a week and have been good about it but this week I have skipped exercise EVERY DAY. I mean, I walked to work (15 minutes, easy) but I sit at a desk all day so it doesn't really count for exercise imo).

I am beating myself up so badly today and its triggering me to want to eat more. Because its the week before thanksgiving, and I'm having shoulder surgery next week, and my boss is out of town for over a week (leaving me to manage the office) I have been tired/stressed all week. I do enjoy working out, but I feel so bad for not being at my calorie deficit, but rather at maintenance (or more) and being just incredibly lazy.

Is next week going to be better? I have surgery Wednesday. I feel like a stressed out wreck.

Replies

• Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Go Work Out and Forget It All ! You need it and you deserve it!
  • bookdame
    Options
    I feel like going to the gym is going to be out of guilt.

i need time to rest and then hopefully hear some motivating words to get it happening tomorrow or monday! I know I have it in me but I can't tell if my body is saying "dieting is too hard/stop" or "stop torturing yourself at the gym" or if its just growing pains!

I am recovering from an ED, and I am afraid of that zone of going to the gym to avoid everything else and hating my body/lack of selfcontrol.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Chilll ...one week isnt going to harm you... you realise its not been a great week, but thats how life is sometimes. Just roll with it and on future weeks like that...squeeze in a bit of activity back at home... 10 minutes here and there... and try to eat as best you can to help alleviate the stress more than for watching the calories!