stuffing
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    dressing.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    both. we always had both growing up and i think ill probably always make both lol i think i prefer stuffing though
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It is stuffing if it is cooked in the bird, dressing if it is cooked separate. We have dressing, cooking it in the bird is gross.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I grew up calling it stuffing because I'm from the north and we actually did stuff the turkey back then. Since moving to Texas, and the whole issue of it not being good to cook it inside the turkey, I've called it dressing.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    oh lawd my mouth is watering thinking about my sisters cornbread dressin' right now! its soooo good. she may be a pain in my *kitten* but the girl can cook.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    oh lawd my mouth is watering thinking about my sisters cornbread dressin' right now! its soooo good. she may be a pain in my *kitten* but the girl can cook.

I love dressing!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    It is definitely stuffing here in New England. My favorite is the corn bread stuffing!! Yum!!
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is stuffing if it is cooked in the bird, dressing if it is cooked separate. We have dressing, cooking it in the bird is gross.

For me, stuffing is made from the big chunks of bread, like Stovetop stuffing. Doesn't seem homemade with the big bread chunks to me. You can have Stovetop during the year, but would feel totally cheated with anything similar on Thanksgiving! Dressing is what my family has always had, made from homemade cornbread and it's crumbled down to crumbs when you mix it. My family has never put either type in the bird to cook. Does seem gross! : )
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Dressing is for salads. I call it stuffing whether it's in the bird or out.
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I dress a bird with stuffing.
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I'm interested in knowing if the stuffing people are from the north, and the dressing people are from the south! I definitely have the southern influence in my family!
  • TitanianEternal
    Options
    it sucks and its bad for ya i call it crap, but if i had to choose i would say stuffins only cause people stuff it in the turkeys butt
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Where I live (in Alabama), most people call it dressing, but I grew up in Oregon and I know it as stuffing! Stuffing always reminds me of my beloved grandma and holidays at her house. She is now in a nursing home and has Alzheimer's. No stuffing will ever top my grandma's!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I grew up calling it stuffing because I'm from the north and we actually did stuff the turkey back then. Since moving to Texas, and the whole issue of it not being good to cook it inside the turkey, I've called it dressing.

That is just what I was thinking, although I always call it stuffing and never put it inside the bird. As a kid my dad would make some inside and some outside for me to eat. :)
  • branflake5
    Options
    It's Stuffing it says so right on the box:)
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    Dressing is for salads. I call it stuffing whether it's in the bird or out.