NSV - full up/uncomfortable

Options
kbcara
kbcara Posts: 105 Member
So have been on MFP around 3 months and have lost around 23 lbs - for first time in my life I feel like I'm losing weight WITHOUT being on a diet - and I am not yet done! I genuinely believe I've learnt life lessons that allow my new approach to be a lifestyle, one I can live with forever, NOT a diet.

I have had nights out where high calories have been logged, I have gone over target etc. but no problem, unlike when I have been on a diet in the past I haven't "ruined everything" so I don't "give up" and carry on eating badly for days and days after until I start the "next diet".

So today, I had my first cheat day i.e. it wasn't a night out/a good reason to eat more kcal than normal, but literally I bought things that I have NOT given up but now eat far less frequently/less of, and I bought them to eat at home (where my eating habits are usually very good). Why? Because it was my last full night in my home of 10 years (moving out) and I felt the need to indulge/celebrate.

Where is the NSV?

How do I feel? Cr@p.... feel sick, feel bloated (I never used to recognise "full") and can't imagine why I would possibly want to eat this way ever again!!!!!

Yey, lessons learnt and confirmed!

Replies

• mccgivens
    Options
    That's what is important...i can't eat until I'm full either. I hate that feeling.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I guess you'll have to find better indulgence foods hey? :-)
  • felicity866
    Options
    there is a lesson there for all of us....congrats on the success so far and i have no doubt the success will continue for a lifetime....good for you!!!! :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ive over eaten on one occasion since my lifestyle change, I only had a small breakfast went to work (I'm a chef~) avoided picking at things all morning (I'm getting good at this now) had a busy lunch and after it I was starving I filled my plate with slices of roast meat and as there was only cabbage left I also piled this on OMG for the rest of the day I felt terrible my stomach was aching

I know it was a reasonably healthy meal but way to much as I'm more used to eating 5-6 smaller meals nowadays

Last night I went out with mates as my rugby team Llanelli Scarlets were playing in the Heineken Cup and did indulge in a number of pints, I feel some play time is allowed :drinker: but I did work out first thing this morning and did a little extra too :bigsmile:
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree some playtime is allowed for a night out if you log it, recognise it and yes (for me too) in the main, make up for it with some extra workout(s) BUT it's good to know that I don't actually enjoy over-eating cr@p for the sake of it anymore! Thanks for encouragement all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!