random treadmill question

Options
not so much about the functionality of them but where do you fit them? We have a 2 bedroom flat, no garage and there is my hubby and I, our 2 kiddys and a dog who live here. Hubbys son stays once a week too. I would love a treadmill but have no idea of where I would be able to keep it? There is room in the lounge for it to be set up but I would prefer for it not to be in there all the time as the kiddys toys take up enough room :smile: We've switched rooms with our girls so they have the biggest room. It would fit in there but I don't want to take away their play space, not to mention the fact I don't trust my 2.5yr old not to play with it :grumble: It wouldnt fit in our bedroom in any way shape or form ...

Are there any that fold up relatively small or are they a PITA?

Going to the gym is out of the question as I have my 2 girls to look after and hubby works horrible shifts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    not so much about the functionality of them but where do you fit them? We have a 2 bedroom flat, no garage and there is my hubby and I, our 2 kiddys and a dog who live here. Hubbys son stays once a week too. I would love a treadmill but have no idea of where I would be able to keep it? There is room in the lounge for it to be set up but I would prefer for it not to be in there all the time as the kiddys toys take up enough room :smile: We've switched rooms with our girls so they have the biggest room. It would fit in there but I don't want to take away their play space, not to mention the fact I don't trust my 2.5yr old not to play with it :grumble: It wouldnt fit in our bedroom in any way shape or form ...

Are there any that fold up relatively small or are they a PITA?

Going to the gym is out of the question as I have my 2 girls to look after and hubby works horrible shifts.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    no earthly idea if the fold up treadmills are worth it......
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I have a fold up treadmill, although it's always set up. It takes only seconds to fold the track up and it locks in place and you can wheel the treadmill off into the corner or whatever. Its still pretty big though even when it's folded up.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I have a fold up treadmill, although it's always set up. It takes only seconds to fold the track up and it locks in place and you can wheel the treadmill off into the corner or whatever. Its still pretty big though even when it's folded up.

My sis in law has one and said that she wishes that she would have bought a regular one, it's not very steady when folded, and also says that she think she would use it more if it was always 'ready to go'
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Have you thought about doing in-home walking DVD's? Leslie Sansone has MANY. I have her 1-2-3 mile's that you can also use 2-3 lb hand held wts with that help in toning your upper body. She also has others that are walk/jog/run. I have benefited greatly from them.

I do have a fold up treadmill in my basement. It is almost 8 yrs old. Has heart rate, calorie, fat cal burned, time and incline options. Has been a good investment.
  • csnook2
    Options
    We have a Horizon treadmill that folds up to about 2 feet thick. It is VERY sturdy, as my wife and I run on it quite frequently. I have had others that aren't as sturdy. You need to do your homework.

Best of luck
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have a nordic track treadmill which is very sturdy and it folds up. It still takes up a lot of space when it's down but it does fold up to a reasonable size. Check out the nordic track website - they have a variety of treadmills that fold up. I love having the treadmill at home - it really is convenient. My husband also bought some of the Jillian Michaels walking programs for it so we can mix up our walking sessions.