Great Exercises???

Options
What are some great exercises I could do throughout the week?
I need some advice I plan on walking my block 3 times a week but I need
like a work out!
Help Please! :)

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you have access to? None? Dumbells? Gym?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    weight lifting
  • mccgivens
    Options
    If you don't have any equipment access you can jog in place, run up and down stairs, dance while cleaning house, anything that will get your heart rate up. I have kids so we go outside and race each other now. Something I would never have dreamed of doing a year ago.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Running is great exercise. Or Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD or P90X DVD are both great workouts.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Zumba, Zumba Gold, Aqua Zumba . Check out zumba.com for classes in your area. Some offered at local parks & rec are $5.00 a class. I hate to exercise. Zumba is great fun. If you love to dance you will enjoy Zumba. The instructor makes or breaks the class. Find one you like. Country Line dancing is fun also if you want to burn calories not the gym type. Volunteer at your local pet shelter and walk a dog you both will benefit. and lastly check into meetup groups in your area for local walking,running,hikes, kayaking groups. You will meet others in your area,exercise & have fun.
  • jdteo
    jdteo Posts: 6
    Options
    i love to do exercises that don't require a gym, or fancy equipment. Examples: lunges, squats, plank, push ups, sit-ups, pilates-based movements, yoga postures, leg curls, leg lifts, squatting w/back against wall (killer), jumping jacks, jumprope.

i also got 1-pound velcro wrist weights that i walk with and i do bicep curls and above the heart/head fist pumps to work my triceps. it also gets my heart rate up fast. message me if you'd like more info or links for proper form/technique. =)