My first mile!

Options
So today, I jogged my first mile ever in my life! It wasn't fast (4mph, 15min mile) but I did it! I've never been able to jog longer than maybe 5 minutes on a good day, but after a long day at work on my feet, I did it I did it!! :happy: :happy:

Replies

• bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's really excellent. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's great I recently started run/walk/jogging trying for a 5k in Dec. It is a great feeling. I try to tell myself it is only a little futher and it will be over and the the next thing you know you have done it. Keep up the good work.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, keep up the great work!
  • NikkiConroy
    Options
    I totally remember the first time I did it a couple years ago.........Than half jogged and walked to get home as fast as I could to tell my husband! Great accomplishment! If you can do 1, 2 is sure to follow soon.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Before long, you will be ready to run 5k races!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Well done!! That's so exciting and a great accomplishment!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yeah, well done
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great!!
  • poulingail
    Options
    Woo hoo! That is no small victory!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm actually working towards during Race for the Cure in March, among other 5ks throughout next year. It just amazes me to feel the difference in my body from when I first started! I can't wait until it starts to show physically.
  • katharine1229
    Options
    this makes me so happy to see this! great job! This time last year I couldn't even jog that pace for 30 seconds....and now i'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow...its all possible and great work!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Good job! You have every right to be proud of yourself!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    this makes me so happy to see this! great job! This time last year I couldn't even jog that pace for 30 seconds....and now i'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow...its all possible and great work!

That motivates me like no other! There are so many times when I have to tell that little (fat) voice in my head that's like "slow down, stop, I'm tired" and then I keep going and it feels fantastic! I can't wait to do 10 miles (at a run even!)
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Woop woop!! Fantastic! Well done! It was only this summer that I started running using C25K and then B210K and I am running nearly 5 miles now, not easily, admittedly, but still, I'm doing it!!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    this feeling is so great! awesome job!
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou:
  • fathewell
    Options
    Wish I could been trying for 3 weeks now to build up.
  • gabby421
    gabby421 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: hey good for you!!!i did 2 5ks this year!!i never thought in a million years i would be running a 5k and then i ran 2 of them!!its a great feeling.never say never!now i am PLA:wink: NNING ON RUNNING A HALF MARATHON in 2012!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!