Interactive Video Games?

Options
krissagirl0709
krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
Im thinking of buying an Xbox with the Kinect on black friday to do fitness games and stuff, also hoping my kids will love it as well. Anyone think this would be a good investment?

Replies

• gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves Kinect.. I can't speak for the fitness games though.. Haven't tried them.. But boy do I ever work up a sweat doing the sports events..
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    DANCE CENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I burn about 500 calories or MORE within 30-60 minutes!!! Definitely in the 1,000s after an hour though. :DD LOVE THAT GAME. Can't wait to get Dance Central 2 !!! Also there's Kinect sports, you play volleyball, compete in races, and olympic stuff. I also have Kinect Active 2 which totally kicks your butt!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We hav XBOX and PS3. They are really great. I have no experience with Kinnect and any fitness games, but the systems are really well done. XBOX does charge for online membership, so be prepared for that.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    We hav XBOX and PS3. They are really great. I have no experience with Kinnect and any fitness games, but the systems are really well done. XBOX does charge for online membership, so be prepared for that.

What are the online memberships for and do you have to have them?
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Not a video game person and it belongs to my husband. However I got Zumber (want the new one), biggest looser, and my current favorite is AE Active 2 and it is awesome. Although the voice is starting to get on my nerves. Now I turn him down until I get the time to change the settings. Working out without remotes is so much better than the Wii. XBox really outdid themselves with it.

The game that comes with it is a blast. Kids Grown ups does not matter. We all love it. the fact that it takes pictures while you play is so much fun. My six year old has Animalkinect and she loves that.

It is a great investment in my opinion.