When to weigh in

Options
Ok, so I know that you weigh less in the morning then you do at night, and I weighed myself tonight for the first time since I have been on here (once a week was the plan). I generally weigh myself in the evening before dinner, although friends have told me to do it in the morning. Well I was down a few pounds, and it really pleased me since I have been working out a lot and staying within my calories. Well after dinner I went back and show no weight loss.

Is there a better time to weigh in? Do I weigh myself at the SAME time everytime?? Was my first weigh in just an error from my scale (although I did step on it 3 times) I Just want to know how I can track my weight loss consistantly.

Replies

• LaboratoryScientist
    Options
    I would say weigh in the morning before eating. Your weight can vary during the day, depending on water and food intake. So no there was no error in the scale because you had eaten and probably had fluid to drink! Weighing at the same time of day may also be beneficial. I always way in the morning before work, so it's usually around the same time.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer evenings; others mornings... I'm sure still others weigh themselves at high noon. I'd suggest just picking a day and time and weighing yourself consistently at that day/time for comparison. Any fluctuation from morning to night is most likely just water weight, so no need to track that...

I weigh myself first thing every Sunday morning...