30 Day Shred: Monday Check-in (2/9)

Options
Level 2 is getting easier but I'm going to continue with it for a least a few more times.

Weight today: 140 (lost 2 lbs last week!)
Goal: 138 (Almost there)
Waist: 30.5 (no change this week)
Workouts Completed: 6+ 2 runs! ( Shred 4 Xs - 2 Power 90)
Goal for this week: 6 workouts (At least 3 shred hoping to get more running in)

I'm definitely feeling more toned. I can't believe 3 weeks have already passed. I don't think 30 days on the shred will get you shredded but it is definitely a good start and an excellent quick workout.

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is getting easier but I'm going to continue with it for a least a few more times.

Weight today: 140 (lost 2 lbs last week!)
    Goal: 138 (Almost there)
    Waist: 30.5 (no change this week)
    Workouts Completed: 6+ 2 runs! ( Shred 4 Xs - 2 Power 90)
    Goal for this week: 6 workouts (At least 3 shred hoping to get more running in)

I'm definitely feeling more toned. I can't believe 3 weeks have already passed. I don't think 30 days on the shred will get you shredded but it is definitely a good start and an excellent quick workout.
  • abillings9
    Options
    I went back to level one last week but ended the week off on level two. I got through level two a bit better this time around, although I really busted butt and was exhausted afterwards! I burned 307 cals in 27 minutes. LOL

Weight today:133 (stuck on the scale...)
    Goal for this week: 132
    Waist: 30.5, down a half inch from last week.
    Workouts: 6 last week, 3 days shred, 3 days wii my fitness coach...over 1300 cals burned.
    This week: Same starting with Shred level two today.

Although my scale has not been moving at all the past 2-3 weeks, I am looking more toned (my husband even made a comment!) and my jeans that were getting way too tight are fitting me nicely again.. I guess I can't complain. :laugh:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Way to Go Amanda! I know what you mean about the pants. I keep putting my black jeans on watching the improvement. I swear they used to be much more roomy. At least now I can keep them on all day without feeling uncomfortable.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I didn't do so hot last week, but i'm still working at it.
    Weight today: 159 (i'm hoping i really didn't gain 6 lbs in 3 days, b/c on last friday i was 154, and it's bloating and water weight from all the beer i drank this weekend.)
    Weight last week: 154
    Workouts: 5 (3 shred, 2 elipticals)

I did continue with Level 1 but upped my 5lb weights to 8 lb....killer BTW! But this week i'm going to do level 2. I'm so excited. I really, really, really hope that i at least lose a little weight by next week. I'm going wedding dress shopping so i want to be as low as i can.

i know i really screwed up this last weekend, i drank a ton and ate like total crap. which teaches me a nasty lesson. now i'll never do that again. But i'm also going to talk to a trainer tomorrow, hoping that she can figue out why i haven't really lost anything with all the exercise i've been doing these last three weeks. And i'm going to talk to my Dr. too. because this is really frustrating to work hard (with the exeption of last weekend) and not see any results.

Sorry this is kinda long. Congrats to everyone else!!!!! We're doing GREAT!
    Laura
  • abillings9
    Options
    I did continue with Level 1 but upped my 5lb weights to 8 lb....killer BTW! But this week i'm going to do level 2. I'm so excited. I really, really, really hope that i at least lose a little weight by next week. I'm going wedding dress shopping so i want to be as low as i can.

i know i really screwed up this last weekend, i drank a ton and ate like total crap. which teaches me a nasty lesson. now i'll never do that again. But i'm also going to talk to a trainer tomorrow, hoping that she can figue out why i haven't really lost anything with all the exercise i've been doing these last three weeks. And i'm going to talk to my Dr. too. because this is really frustrating to work hard (with the exeption of last weekend) and not see any results.

Sorry this is kinda long. Congrats to everyone else!!!!! We're doing GREAT!
    Laura

OMG! I'm using 3 lb weights and they end up feeling like 10 lbs by the end! I can't even imagine 5 lbs let alone 8! Wow!!
    I ate a huge lunch on Saturday and although it was fairly healthy (grilled chicken and romain spinach wrap and baked sweet potato) I was so full I felt sick the rest of the weekend! I too, learned a valuable lesson. LOL
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I'm so excited! I'm on day 3 and level 1 didn't have me wanting to quit after the first 1 minute of cardio today... unlike the last 2 days. So I might be building up stamina! I'm only using 2.5 lb weights to start - wimpy I know but I have no upper body strength. ;)

How exciting!! Hope it's ok that I'm joining you! I'm just pumped about doing this!

Today's weight: 172.5 (1.5 lb loss)
    last week: 174
    last week workouts: biggest loser workout 5 days, 2 days walking
    Week goal: 171
    Week workout goals: 5 days shred, 2 days elliptical
  • kileenas
    Options
    Well I didnn't check in yesterday so here it is today.
    start weight 184
    this week 178
    I've lost one pound since last check in but I didn't stick with all the exercise this last week like I had been the weeks before. I'm still on level 2 and I like it so much better than level 1. I just don't like the jumping jacks. YUCK! I'm moving onto level 3 starting Saturday. :happy:
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I've been wondering about Level 2. I had a tumor in my knee and had surgery about 8 months ago - so the jumping jacks are really hard on my knee. With level 2 is there a lot of "jumping" around?
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    I am into week 3 now and I moved up to level 2 today even with my busted foot the fact that there was more static strength training was better for my foot and I could do most of the cardio my 2 year old was copying me it would have been hilarious except I was sweating like a pig and feeling like I was about to collapse had to modify that plank jack thingy at the end but boy did it give upper body a going over I actually liked that last ab move too it had me nearly crying but I finished YEAH ME.

i think I will alternate between level 1 and level 2 for the next 2 weeks and then maybe switch up and add level 3 in once a week we'll see I feel great though soo much stronger.
    Starting weight 198
    Weight this week 196 - 1lb
    aiming for 170 (by may)

I am hoping to start sorting out my cals next week. I am correcting my metabolsim at the moment by being quite high cal and loads of exercise so as you can see -1lb is great as I was expecting to gain so next week I will start to crank things up a bit really tighten the reigns.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    OK, so I've almost made it back down to my 153 (if ya'll remember last weekend i pigged out and gained like 6-7 lbs) So that makes me feel good. The fact that most of it was probably water weight and bloating sucks. because i didn't really lose any fat. but oh, well, at least i'm back to square one.

I did Level 2 yesterday for the first time! Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!:noway: At first, I was like, no big deal, I can do this, then with in 5 min. I was panting and gasping for breath. The exercises seem so simple, but when you actually do them, they are a lot harder! But they worked my butt good, which is what I wanted!

So I've fallen really short this week, maybe because I was so bummed on Mon. about the weekend, but at least i'm exercising even a little. I've been trying to get to the gym all week, and I AM GOING TONIGHT! no matter what! That's what i keep telling myself!
    Keep up the good work everyone! We'll make it through and be thinner than before!
    Laura
  • shay12
    shay12 Posts: 20
    Options
    Can someone plz explain what the shred is it sounds very popular with a lot of people. Any info is good info I have got to start EXCERCISING!!!!!!:sad:
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    This is the Jillian Michaels DVD, right? Is anyone doing Bob's Bootcamp or Yoga ones? I've been doing level 1 of the bootcamp and love it - basic exercises, but made more fun. Tried the yoga level 1 once and will be a great complement. I haven't tried Shred yet...
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    i just got my 30 day shred tues and was about to do it can someone tell me how to log it in the excercise log please? even if u pm me that would be great thanks
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    i just got my 30 day shred tues and was about to do it can someone tell me how to log it in the excercise log please? even if u pm me that would be great thanks

Yes, I'm having the same issue.....

Thanks!!
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor so I just log it as Aerobics General. The number is a lot lower than what those with HRM say they are burning but at least it is something. I eat those exercise calories and just assume the missed exercise calories is a bonus loss.