weight loss + negative side effects?

Options
For the past 2 weeks I have been really strick on my diet and eating as clean as I possibly can, so I am seeing more weight loss than usual. I am still eating all my calories but I am staying away from processed junk... Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the weight loss, but I am experiencing some negative side effects. I was wondering if this is fairly common or maybe something else is going on. I feel panic at random moments of the day as well is crazy itchy skin. Any thoughts?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an allergic reaction; have you added anything new to your diet?
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you have upped a whole food that you don't ordinarily eat you might be experiencing a reaction to it - either an allergy or simply a sensitivity (as far as the itchiness goes, anyway). I would look at what you have significantly added more of that you didn't used to eat (if there is anything) and then either cut it out or cut it back and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I don't know!
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an allergic reaction; have you added anything new to your diet?

I am eating alot more veggies, but nothing I've never had before.
  • If you've eaten alot of excess processed food & fats in the past (throughout childhood, teenage years, etc.) up until now, it is possible to be going through a type of withdrawl stage. Kind of like when drug addicts go through detox, just less in tense. Its not common, but definitely not unheard of.

Stick with your cleaner diet and if symptoms persist longer that 10 days, I would see your doctor.
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you have used foods as any kind of a crutch. Such as for stress release or emotional eating that is probably what the panic is from. Previously food covered it up those emotions and now you are having to deal with them differently. Are you working out more? The itchiness could be a cause from sweat or something. Or are you taking any kind of new vitamins? I think it would definitely be a good idea to see your doctor. Check for a rash to see if that starts to develop. The itchiness could be from the new emotions you are having to deal with as well. It is like taking a drug away...you took your sugar and high carbs away and your body has to adjust and your mental health has to adjust as well.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My diet was HORRIBLE before! I probably have/ had more preservatives floating around in my body than a McDonald's french fry! I was also thinking my body is throwing some sort of fit from this new found way of eating. Thanks for the imput, everybody.