Green Smoothie Challenge

Options
Hey All, i hope your ready for this!

So basically the challenge is that you make veggie based smoothies everyday for 14 days, not so bad, right?

The link is:
Www.greensmoothiechallenge.com

Its really simple to register, you give an email address and they send you a couple emails with instructions and some simple recipes.

What is a green smoothie, i dont know how familiar you may be, but an example would be throwing some romaine, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, celery, and lemon juice in a blender, pureeing it completely, and then drinking away.

The website instructions are not very strict but the main idea is to eat one liters worth of these smoothies in a day, which is about 4 cups i believe.

Anyway, check it out, let me know what you think, if i havent freaked you out yet then we can do it together.

-Shawn

Replies

• ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have tried something similar before, and within 3 days I was completely useless, it is nearly impossible to get the appropriate amount of calories if that is all you are eating. It also got really really expensive, but it may work well for you, best of luck!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I toss a handful of spinach in my shakes. I don't really notice it and it adds some nutrition. ex. spinach/strawberry/protein smoothie.
  • ifucsam
    Options
    I've always wanted to do something like this because I definitely don't get enough veg but fruit can get so expensive.
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies! I read Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life" a while ago, then got out of the habit of making smoothies every day, but recently I've gotten back into it. I've been having 32 oz. of green/fruit smoothies once a day for the past week or so. I use frozen fruit since it's much cheaper and more readily available, but fresh greens (which are usually pretty cheap)
    Oh, and you're not supposed to just drink the smoothies, they're usually used to replace a meal or just in addition to your regular diet (I usually have mine as breakfast or a snack)
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in a challenge where I substituted a green smoothie for one meal.