Anyone got tips to shrink your hips???

Options
My lower tummy/hips is giving me issues. Anyone got some suggestions? I'm a busy girl. So preferably something not super time consuming, however I'll take whatever tips you have and try to make room to do them.

Replies

• OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have hips and it seems like no matter how much weight I lose I will always have them. I don't know if there are any specific exercises you can do to target them. However, cardio (e.g. running) has definitely helped me in general with slimming my overall frame which includes the hips.
  • aepoliak
    Options
    I have had (some) success with the p90x ab ripper. It works lower abs and also outer thighs. I am naturally a bit wider in the hips, so if you come up with something else, let me know!
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I personally do lunges and squats for my legs.
    vertical crunch is the BEST for your lower tummy.
    good luck!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    when I was doing yoga & pilates my hips were definitely getting tighter
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    a friend did 60 days of Insanity and hips virtually disappeared, seriously, I'm jealous!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    As far as getting rid of the fat, no. You can't spot reduce fat. As you manage your food and exercise they will reduce in fat along with the rest of your body. Unfortunately, those locales with the most deposits are the last to see a truly appreciable difference.

As for as them looking better, yes there are things you can do.

Resistance training can help shape and firm up those areas. Classic lifts that will impact those areas are squats, deadlifts, leg press, power cleans, and stiff leg deadlifts.

Use real weight. Barbell or bumbbell doesn't really matter so much as long as it is real weight. Get someone who knows this stuff to help you learn the proper form and technique so that you don't injure yourself.

Enjoy changing your shape.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have hips and it seems like no matter how much weight I lose I will always have them.

priceless.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Serious answer:

Hip abduction/adduction machine at the gym.

I've always had monster hips, but these machines have widdled them down quite a bit! I swear

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought anyone would comment on "how small my hips were", but this past month I've received several compliments!!!

Try it out, just 6 set of 15 reps at maybe 45 lbs, even just once a week will make so much of a difference in a short amount of time :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Women hold their fat in the lower belly/hips because that is your center of gravity. As with us men, is in our core (abdomen). Only eating right overtime and lowering your BF% will get rid of fat all over the body.