Help!

Options
:cry: I have to cut back on my walking as I have some problems that aren't being helped by me continuing as I have.

Burning pain in surface of the big toe, an electrical shock feeling and some skin numbness, possibly under skin also. SAME symptoms in leftside of left knee. I believe overuse has caused this, repetition that is.

Can any of you give some cardio for me that doesn't take driving into town(can't afford it or I'd go swimming). Would a bicycle be too similar to walking on the leg?? I need to burn calories without putting more strain on my leg. Seems like a lot to ask for but maybe something. I have weight training equipment, bowflex and exercise ball to use??

hugs all, denise:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    :cry: I have to cut back on my walking as I have some problems that aren't being helped by me continuing as I have.

Burning pain in surface of the big toe, an electrical shock feeling and some skin numbness, possibly under skin also. SAME symptoms in leftside of left knee. I believe overuse has caused this, repetition that is.

Can any of you give some cardio for me that doesn't take driving into town(can't afford it or I'd go swimming). Would a bicycle be too similar to walking on the leg?? I need to burn calories without putting more strain on my leg. Seems like a lot to ask for but maybe something. I have weight training equipment, bowflex and exercise ball to use??

hugs all, denise:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    so weird that you say this because I have recently started to get a similar feeling on the ball of my right foot during/after exercise. It's bearable, but it's such an odd feeling. I thought I had a sliver or something at first but when I examined the area there was nothing there, no mark or anything. weird...
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    With what you said you have at home, I would try all of it and use a variety of it. Best of luck to you with that and I hope your leg gets better soon!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I know from experience, this particular thing with me, will get better, and in a short time say, a few months even. I don't know what yours is but if there are the "same symptoms" as I mentioned, it could be too much on your foot, overuse. Training some other ways that take weight off I think "might" help. Only a doc can know for sure what we have goin on. I cannot afford a diagnosis right now, so I can only be real careful and try what I already mentioned. I already proved it gets worse with walking so I have to back off as much as I hate to:sad: But, I know I can still lose weight, even if I couldn't exercise, so not going to worry. And I can build and tone muscle without walking. Hopefully, I can heal from this and take my walks again, probably always need to vary my exercise though and not so often. Now I am probably walking 3 times a week compared to the 6 I was, but now, not walking at all because I persisted too long.

denise in OR
    so weird that you say this because I have recently started to get a similar feeling on the ball of my right foot during/after exercise. It's bearable, but it's such an odd feeling. I thought I had a sliver or something at first but when I examined the area there was nothing there, no mark or anything. weird...