I'm driving my husband insane!

Options
:laugh:

Hi everyone! I'm not new here exactly, I've been using MFP since July. I just haven't used the message boards too much. I think that needs to change because my hubby is tired of me talking about recipes, calories, exercise, etc. He's just not as focused on healthy living as I am. So if I make friends here, I can stop bothering him so much and just share an obvious common interest with you all! :happy:

I'm currently working on the last 10 (vanity) pounds or so. I'm at a healthy BMI, I just need to tone up. I'm looking for less dimples and more muscles!

I try to eat clean for the most part. Lots of lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole grains, high fiber, good fats, low fat dairy, etc. I'm not perfect, but who is? My food diary is open to friends. I'd love to be added by others with open diaries (not a requirement though) because I like browsing for new food ideas.

Thanks and nice "meeting"!

Replies

• cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    your free to add me if you like. i have an open diary. and my partner wants to get fit but hates me talking about calories all the time lol hes not making an effort yet so i drive him nuts with my efforts
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has absolutely NO interest in health/fitness at all. It can be irritating but I am doing this for me not for him! He even signed up for the gym I go to and has been once lol.

But I feel ya, he gets so annoyed when he is making something and I say oh how many blah blah did you put in this? Did you use the measuring cup? and so on...

So I am definitely in the same boat and would be happy to talk calories, workouts, and healthy food ALL day with you ! :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! As my partner does most of the cooking (he is a stay at home Dad and I go to work) he gets a little bit frustrated with me asking what he's put in the meal, how much of each, what brands he used, did he keep the packaging, how much oil, etc. etc. He is not really that interested in weight loss/dieting/healthy living, and just doesn't care what's in food :P He does support me though, and puts up with me talking about calories and exercising.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yeah, my man couldn't care less... add me! :)
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I currently dont have a "male" influence in my home, other then my 14 year old son. (and has no say in what I cook)

The one guy I do spend some time with says it will be a cold day in h*** when he eats a salad willingly...
  • empressM
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I love coming up with new ways to cook delicious low fat/calorie/carb versions of all the foods that I "shouldn't" be eating. My diary is open to friends.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am in the same boat. My boyfriend is really good about the gym but eats WHATEVER he wants! Its really hard for me because I (and i think a lot of women) need to incorporate healthy eating in order to lose weight. Id be happy to talk diets and healthy meal ideas and calories with anyone that wants to add me. I could always use MORE motivation when it comes to my self control with eating!