Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    And share your running triumphs! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I didn't see a thread from y'day so I have to share my run!! I was supposed to run w/ my buddies on Sunday morning but got ditched (one went out of town, one ended up running on Sat! :grumble: ). So... even though I really just wanted to relax on Sunday afternoon (my usual days off, I should have fun on Sat when I was originally planning to run!) I got in my 6 miles!!! And on the treadmill! :bigsmile: I felt VERY accomplished that I did it anyway.

Today was ChaLean Extreme Lean circuit #1.

Running tomorrow... speedwork again. I'm loving the FIRST program so far! :bigsmile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I was so upset Saturday and Sunday (yesterday). I had planned on running at least 5 miles.

I overdid it with my workout Friday morning and couldn't walk this weekend! I did some yoga and took a walk...did some pushups and situps, but could not run. I didn't stretch well enough on Friday after that workout and feel like an idiot! :embarassed:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I walked with Hubby over the weekend

3 miles today - beautiful day - blue skies in the 70's
  • eurestemari
    Options
    Running today, I am hoping to just run on the tredmil for an hour straight. I have a 6 mile marathon coming up on the 28 of feb so I just want to be able to hang in there and not be one of the last ones to finish. I have never been a runner so it has been very challenging for me.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today but I ran 6.5 miles saturday around the frozen lake and then did a very soggy 2 mile trail run yesterday. My sneaks are on the front porch with a nice layer of MUD on them. I even have dirt underneath my toenails. :bigsmile:

No running today did bootcamp instead. Running tomorrow though.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Running today, I am hoping to just run on the tredmil for an hour straight. I have a 6 mile marathon coming up on the 28 of feb so I just want to be able to hang in there and not be one of the last ones to finish. I have never been a runner so it has been very challenging for me.
    Do you mean a 10K?? (6.2 miles?) A marathon is 26.2 miles. :bigsmile: Good luck and make sure to share after you finish!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    No running today but I ran 6.5 miles saturday around the frozen lake and then did a very soggy 2 mile trail run yesterday. My sneaks are on the front porch with a nice layer of MUD on them. I even have dirt underneath my toenails. :bigsmile:

No running today did bootcamp instead. Running tomorrow though.

Great job, Sherry! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I walked with Hubby over the weekend

3 miles today - beautiful day - blue skies in the 70's

It is warmer here, but not quite that warm yet! Enjoy!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I was so upset Saturday and Sunday (yesterday). I had planned on running at least 5 miles.

I overdid it with my workout Friday morning and couldn't walk this weekend! I did some yoga and took a walk...did some pushups and situps, but could not run. I didn't stretch well enough on Friday after that workout and feel like an idiot! :embarassed:

Ouch! Walking and yoga are a good idea. Stretching is so important, I've learned the hard way as well! :huh:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I did elliptical and weights on Saturday, ran eight miles on Sunday, and then elliptical and weights again this morning. I'm happy tomorrow is a day off for exercise for me because my body could feel it this morning!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I did elliptical and weights on Saturday, ran eight miles on Sunday, and then elliptical and weights again this morning. I'm happy tomorrow is a day off for exercise for me because my body could feel it this morning!

Wow, good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Only ran 1 mile today but I ran it at a pace on the treadmill that I have never ran at. So, I feel good about it. I might run a slow long one tonight.
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am on a rest day today, but am in a learn to run class and start to run 8 minutes tomorrow. I am scared as 6 minutes was hard enough over the weekend! I am really enjoying it so far though! :wink:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Last night I ran 5 miles in 43.5 minutes. 2 hours before I had done 60 minutes of intense leg, glutes, arms and abs work. So it was a double session day, very productive. My clothes actually fit better today.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! We flew in last night from a whirlwind week long trip from Orlando to DC to Atlanta and back home to Orlando. I walked lots and bounced my baby lots, but didn't run. Today I did 8.25 miles and felt awesome! I'm glad to be back at it!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5 miles today and 5 yesterday.......It is so nice out today in Chicago!!!

Alisha
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ran about 3.7 miles this morning, got in right before the rain started!! I did 30 minutes of stairs on Friday and my calves are still pretty sore, so it was a nice slow run..
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I did 5k on the treadmill today in 32 minutes... that was at an incline and I only walked for five minutes at the beginning and two at the end: so 25 minutes of 10kph or faster.

That's a first for me.
  • eurestemari
    Options
    Yea I know 6.2 miles is nothing but to me it's a biggg deal to me because I have never ran so much before. Well I did not finish the whole hour of running today, I put on the wrong shoes and I started to cramp up alot. I never knew how much shoes could effect your body. New day tomorrow.