Finally posting something! <n00b

Options
24/F/Cali

Well, I've been dieting and exercising for about 3 months now and I have had great success. I'm down to 244lbs and I wish I knew my starting weight but I never got on a scale when I was at my heaviest. I weighed in at 290 at the doc's office about 8 years ago and I know I put on at least 25 more pounds since then. I can't be positive though. I was living in a world where "ignorance was bliss." Pffff! I got a reality check when I almost passed out one hot summer day after walking up a small hill. That's it, I said. This ends NOW.

I've been eating healthy. No keto/atkins/zone or anything like that. I just limit my carbs, no sugary crap, plenty of protein, lots of veggies, shakeology and fruit. My beverages of choice are always water and non-fat milk. I try to keep it around 1200 calories a day but sometimes I find it hard to eat that much. Can you believe it?

For exercise I like Tae-Bo (the Amped videos) and walking my dog (about 2.5 hours, 4 days a week). I want to get some weights to add a good amount of strength training and if I ever have the money, I want to get an elliptical. Any advice on some good exercise videos for cardio and stength training?

Anywho, that's it for now. I'm excited about this journey!:smile:

Replies

• fionamacf
    Options
    Think you have done an amazing job. you should update your profile starting weight to either the doc's one or that+25 as you've come a long way - not just the 4 pounds your ticker suggests. Then you will remember how well you've done every time you log on.
  • fionamacf
    Options
    Think you have done an amazing job. you should update your profile starting weight to either the doc's one or that+25 as you've come a long way - not just the 4 pounds your ticker suggests. Then you will remember how well you've done every time you log on.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Nice first post lol.

Sounds like you've got your head on straight and I believe you'll do this! All the best :)