Pregnant!

Options
Im gonna be a mom!! I know weight loss is not a good idea for a healthy pregnany and baby. So, Im looking for some ladies who are trying to gain healthy weight during their pregnancy. I have learned its a very hard and unique situation. Trying to gain weight but be aware!

I have some amazing MFP friends already, but some ladies I can talk to about our struggles and successes are what I need right now. Like right now, trying to gain 1/2 lb a week and eating the calories I need for that is SO hard!

If youre preggo and are supportive or need some support, please add me!

Replies

• EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not as lady, but just wanted to say Congrats!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    The key is eating healthy nutrious whole foods.YOur eating for 2 but your calories dont need to go way up right aways. HEALTHY foods woll help with healthy baby and healthy Mommy and healthy birth and Plus if your not eating Junk during yout pregnacy you will bounce back faster
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just keep yourself semi active, take out all the very stressful exercises like fast jogging and start swimming, walking and just generaly moving.

Congrats :)
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You are very Lucky!!!:smile:
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your goal really should not be to raise that many calories! Had my second a few months ago... Make sure you're eating maintenance calories and eating very healthy, pre-natals and all that... you will do wonderful!
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your OB should have some great ideas for you during your pregnancy with what foods are ideal to eat and what foods to avoid. Enjoy it! :flowerforyou:
  • SandyCurrier
    Options
    Congratulations!

As far as what to eat, just eat healthy, you'll have a healthy baby =)
    Happy for you! add me if you like
  • revajones29
    Options
    I am also Pregnant (only 8 weeks) and just found out I have already gained 10 pounds. I know this not healthy weight gain as I have been eating just because. I also need some support in this journey.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep exercising. I just read that a recent study found that women who exercised virogously in the first trimester and staid somewhat active in the second had healthier babies.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im gonna be a mom!! I know weight loss is not a good idea for a healthy pregnany and baby. So, Im looking for some ladies who are trying to gain healthy weight during their pregnancy. I have learned its a very hard and unique situation. Trying to gain weight but be aware!

I have some amazing MFP friends already, but some ladies I can talk to about our struggles and successes are what I need right now. Like right now, trying to gain 1/2 lb a week and eating the calories I need for that is SO hard!

If youre preggo and are supportive or need some support, please add me!

Feel free to friend me! I am almost 13 weeks along and EDD is 5/31/12. This is my second child and really hoping to keep this pregnancy much healthier than the last one (I gained almost 60 pounds with my daughter).. My OB said about 100 extra calories in the first trimester (almost out of, thank goodness), 200 in the 2nd, and 300 in the 3rd depending on your exercise etc… Most important is to eat healthy and not junky :smile: Best of luck!!!
  • mayomanosu
    mayomanosu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife is 17 weeks pregnant and she has been keeping weight gain in check, 5 pounds thus far, by keeping active. Before she became pregnant she used to run and was active. Our Dr. said running was okay to keep doing as long as you were running before pregnancy.

My wife is also involved with a fitness advisor through the gym where I work. This advisor gave her some basic cardo, strength,yoga, etc that she can do to stay active. The advisor says the best way to keep weight gain in control is make healthy decisions about what you eat and try to do 30 minutes of physical activity 3-5 days a week.

Also, the normal saying you are eating for two is true, but your calorie intake should not be much more then norrmal intake, typically 200-300 calories more, until halfway through your 2nd trimester when the baby is really growing. I am not sure what they say the calorie intake should be then, but I am sure you can ask your doctor or do some research into the matter.

Congrats on the pregnancy.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Oh congrats!! I am 8 weeks pregnant and have put on 3lbs so far. Being sick/tired all the time makes exercise hard.. My OB said to keep all workouts to lifting lighter weights than my 'norm' and to keep my heart rate under 140. I'd love a group through this experience!