New to this site

Options
Hi, out there! Any oldies but goodies, like age 61, there? I know how and what to eat, I am a nurse and know what I need to do but have the hardest time in the evening, watching TV. I cannot exercise by walking right now, due to knee issues and feet issues. As a nurse, I do a lot of walking at work. I have tried Curves, twice but find it does not do much but tone. Anyone else have these problems? I want to lose weight for myself, for health and to improve my looks to improve my self-esteem. Everytime I try to say no to some foods, internally I feel deprived which then leads me to want to "sneak" them. The only one I fool, is myself. I can do it but could use some supportive friends along the way, Maybe this site will help, I have not really tried to intertact with others before, online, as a support tool. So I am open!! Thanks!

Replies

• dsc32209
    dsc32209 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 60 and can certainly relate. I had foot surgery and have problems with weight bearing exercise. I bought 2 CD's for chair exercise. One is chair dancing and the other is chair aerobics. I save calories from other meals so I can have my evening snack. I have greek yogurt (fruit variety) and add chopped nuts. The high protein makes it very satisfying. I am diabetic but the tracking features of this site seem to help me.

Best of luck to you. I will send a friend request,
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Not 61 (48), but I understand where you are coming from, I also worked for years on my feet all day. I started here a year and a half ago, with many stumbles along the way. What I have learned is that consistency counts. Every time I stumble, I eventually pick myself up and carry on. Have you tried yoga? It is a good way to get a workout without stressing your feet too much. Good luck on your journey