How for figure % body fat

Options
How do you figure out % body fat?

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

You really need calipers for this you can order them on amazon, but you really need someone to help and they should know what they are doing. Also you can purchase a scale with BF% on it, however from my understanding they are not always a good indicator of actual body fat.

You can google this as well and it will give you more information
  • sjvirkus
    sjvirkus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My dad would say water displacement is the only true way to figure out body fat% as fat floats and muscle sinks, but hey who has a big enough tank for that!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Buy a body fat scale or if you already have a scale, you can buy the Omron handheld body fat monitor at Academy or Amazon. They will be cheaper than GNC.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I like that. it gave me a body fat of 25%. And I calculated my perfect goal weight if I want to be 18% to be 58kgs.
    I weighed myself on the electronic scales at the gym this morning and it says I'm 32.4% fat which I really don't think is right, I am very toned right now and size 8-10. 32.4% fat sounds bad. puts me on the high scale and I don't think that makes sense when I look at myself. Unless I have body dysmorphia!
    The lower my weight gets the less interested I am in scales and weights and measurements, I know I'm getting fitter and healthier and really I think thats the bottom line for me.
    thanks for this.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

I don't agree with that one. It says I'm 25%, too. (And at my starting weight and measurements, I'd be 26%.) Most others put me at 18-20%, with my starting point at closer to 30%.

I'd need to weight 105# have a 18" waist and 30" hips by that calculator to have a 23%BF. :laugh: Somehow, I'm not buying that.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I don't agree with that one. It says I'm 25%, too. Most others put me at 18-20%.

I'd need to weight 105# have a 18" waist and 30" hips by that calculator to have a 23%BF. :laugh: Somehow, I'm not buying that.

when you say most others, what method do you normally use?
  • change_back
    Options
    Hi the last link is knowledgeable...TY..:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    when you say most others, what method do you normally use?

A lot of people seem to like this one: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • LeBlackstone
    Options
    The only way to accurately measure body fat percentage is vivisection.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    In my opinion a body fat scale, Omron handheld body fat monitor or even a caliper used by a professional is better to used than an online calculator.