why are some foods more filling?

Options
After some meals i am completely stuffed and dont even consider eating more, but after others (of the same amount of calories) my mind is racing thinking about what i could eat next. for example, last night i had pasta with marinara sauce, but right after i had a jello and a spoonful of nutella.. and just now i ate an egg with mozzerella cheese and 2 slices of whole wheat toast and im very full. why is that?

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It depends on what you eat. All calories are not created equal. Protein and fiber is more likely to keep you full than simple carbs.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you eat. All calories are not created equal. Protein and fiber is more likely to keep you full than simple carbs.

Agree....

Also, anything with essential fatty acids such as Salmon, nuts, seeds, good oils, etc...(which have protein too)
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yup, the more protein + fiber you eat with each meal the more filling it will be. MFP's default nutritional goals sets protein too low and carbs too high, which can sabotage some people's satiety when dieting. If you're having trouble feeling satisfied, try changing your goals to the Zone or balenced diet ratio: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat