Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You're welcome everyone!
    I love posting them for you!:heart:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    You don't have to sabotage your diet just because you're on the run.

In fact, most fast food chains have added healthier options to their menus in just the past few years. Fast food menu's now provide salads, wraps, a number of other "healthy" options.

Whenever you are eating on the go, look for grilled chicken sandwiches or salads with low-fat dressings. To save some additional calories, go for water instead of the soft drink. You'd be surprised how many calories you will save simply by following these two guidelines.

Listed below are some healthy options you can make at your favorite fast food restaurants:

McDonald's:

English Muffin: 140 calories, 4 grams of protein, and only 2 grams of fat

McDonald's Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait with Granola: 160 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 31 grams of carbohydrates

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: 100 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 17 grams of protein. Choose one of the fat free or reduced fat dressings.

Subway:

Subway is one of the best fast food options when you are looking for something quick and healthy. They offer a variety of healthier options. If you want to reduce the calories and the fat, hold the mayo.

6-inch Turkey Breast: 254 calories, 16 grams of protein, and 12 grams of fat

6-inch Veggie Delight: 200 calories, 7 grams of protein, and 11 grams of fat

6-inch Roast Beef: 264 calories, 18 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat

6-inch Roasted Chicken Breast: 311 calories, 25 grams of protein, and 16 grams of fat

6-inch Subway Club: 294 calories, 22 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat

Wendy's:

Best Choice: Caesar Side Salad

Without dressing or croutons, this salad contains 70 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 7 grams of protein. You can use the Fat Free French dressing, which will only add 80 calories to your meal.

Your next best bet is the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, which has 300 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 24 grams of protein.

Arby's:

Martha's Vineyard Salad: This salad is packed with greens, grilled chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, diced apples, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, tomatoes, and raspberry vinaigrette. It is certainly one of Arby's healthiest options with 276 calories, 26 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbs, and only 8 grams of fat.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/healthy-fast-food-options.html
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Arbys marthas vineyard salad is one of the best salads I have ever had. I didn't realize how low it was until your posting. I also love mcD's grilled snack wraps
  • shake79
    Options
    Hi Healthier_Me!

Thank you so much for all of the great information! This is only my 3rd day, but I am very optimistic! I have tried everything from Atkins to Weight Watchers only to lose the weight, but gain it right back. I finally decided to figure out how this gaining and losing weight thing works and just happened to be looking around on the Internet and found this site and so far I am very happy with it!

Again, thank you for the great info. I love Subway!

Shake79
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    You're welcome shake79.

Just be careful with Subway.. most of their things are high in sodium.
    Some members were talking about Subway's high sodium foods so here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3989-subway-eat-fresh-or-salt

~Joanna:flowerforyou: