Short and... well endowed.Any tips?

Options
So I'm just under 5 foot. I'm 4'11" and around 120 pounds. I've been stuck there for a while, and whenever I start really kicking my butt this is the number I totally plateau at. You can take a look at my pictures if you want, I'm not really large by any means, but I really want to not be on the edge of my healthy BMI. I'm what they call "curvy", I have a 32F bra size and a smaller waist. I readily accept that most of my weight is probably in my chest but how the heck do I get rid of it? I have scoliosis and they drive me crazy, but I don't wanna get a reduction because they'll just get bigger in the future when I decide to have kids.
Is there any way at all?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think if you've been losing weight and you haven't lost from your breasts, you probably won't lose that breast weight naturally at all. I lost about a cup size in 50 pounds, and I can definitely tell that I'm smaller.
    I also believe that if you get a reduction, you won't get all of the breast weight back if you have kids. You might get some, but I wouldn't think all of it.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    can't do breast-exercises unfortunately >.<

just gotta keep working and losing fat overall... they might be the last to start decreasing in size, which may be frustrating, but if you keep at it the fat has to come from somewhere!
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    If you were going to lose "weight" in your breasts, I think you would've lost it by now, that is if you have been losing weight. There really isn't any exercises that I know of that can reduce your breast size :-/ I'd say just keep working at it. I think you look great just the way you are, but I understand you not wanting them that big anymore, I can only imagine how bad it hurts your back at your size.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My boobs weren't ever as big as yours but they were big, and they have definitely gotten smaller since having (and breastfeeding) 2 kids. Maybe yours will shrink after you have kids... Good luck!
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i'm 5 ft 0 and double D. you probably are stuck with your chest size since you're so unproportioned it'd think it's genetic but try chest exercises like chest flies and push ups. losing fat with cardio should reduce fat all over including your chest somewhat.

i think you're a decent weight. 115 or 110 would be good but your goal of 101 is super low. those's bmi charts are ridiculous. you've gotta go by look. and you already know your chest throws off normal calculations for weight and fat %
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    i can do breast exercises :P. all jokes aside, the breasts will be a difficult area to lose mass in as its just one of the areas which is made up of adipose fatty tissues with no muscles, unlike your thighs. A breast reduction might be a good idea if you are having backproblems besides the scholiosis. I wouldnt worry about breastfeeding and having a reduction as either way your breasts will enlarge after giving birth. If its truly bothering you, speak to your physician.

Im not a doctor but i did play one on tv, once :)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I would do back exercises to help support you and also maybe get a consult with a doctor. if you *might* be open to possibly getting a reduction (which could be a good option) go in to a doctor and ask if you'd gain the size back after pregnancy. the consults are free a lot of the time and you could get some great advice when it comes to this and losing weight. he might be able to even give you some tips on how to exercise to reduce back and chest size and increase strength in the right places :)
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    As a reduction patient.... I can share alittle insight maybe?
    I was an E cup ... and alittle taller/bigger then you. My "natural" wieght at the time was 135lbs and I stand 5'5" I was a 7/8 dress size (US sizing) everywhere EXCEPT my bust. I couldn't find cloths that fit, buttons popped and zippers split on EVERYTHING i wore! I was never comfortable, and hated that the size of my bust made me appear "heavy" even though the rest of me was at a 22% BMI

I opted to have the reduction after years of pain and frustration. I could not run or jog, had trouble just doing a few jumping jacks!! So fitness was difficult for me to say the least!
    I came down 3 cup sizes to a C after surgery.... this related to a full 10 lbs on the scale!!
    My "natural" wieght now is 125lbs and I'm striving to get down another 5 or 10 as I workout HARD to get muscle. I want to enter a fitness competition this year (that's my new personal goal)

Also, as I went through a rough relationship, I packed on a huge amount of wieght over a very short period of time after my surgery. And Yes, the breasts to get bigger in that case..... however, I've lost the weight and along with it the 'extra' fat on my bust........ don't worry about later.....live for today........be happy, healthy and comfortable in your skin....later will get here eventually and you can deal with it then

Make the Most of Yourself for that is all there is of YOU!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    If it really is affecting your health, why not have breast reduction surgery? I know 2 women who did it and were so Happy afterwards. I believe it is fully covered under insurance/
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason NOT to base your goals on some b.s. calculated BMI number. I can see my abs, and the BMI says I'm "overweight." Good luck in your journey. :smile:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    As a reduction patient.... I can share alittle insight maybe?
    I was an E cup ... and alittle taller/bigger then you. My "natural" wieght at the time was 135lbs and I stand 5'5" I was a 7/8 dress size (US sizing) everywhere EXCEPT my bust. I couldn't find cloths that fit, buttons popped and zippers split on EVERYTHING i wore! I was never comfortable, and hated that the size of my bust made me appear "heavy" even though the rest of me was at a 22% BMI

I opted to have the reduction after years of pain and frustration. I could not run or jog, had trouble just doing a few jumping jacks!! So fitness was difficult for me to say the least!
    I came down 3 cup sizes to a C after surgery.... this related to a full 10 lbs on the scale!!
    My "natural" wieght now is 125lbs and I'm striving to get down another 5 or 10 as I workout HARD to get muscle. I want to enter a fitness competition this year (that's my new personal goal)

Also, as I went through a rough relationship, I packed on a huge amount of wieght over a very short period of time after my surgery. And Yes, the breasts to get bigger in that case..... however, I've lost the weight and along with it the 'extra' fat on my bust........ don't worry about later.....live for today........be happy, healthy and comfortable in your skin....later will get here eventually and you can deal with it then

Make the Most of Yourself for that is all there is of YOU!

I had a reduction, too, right after high school. I was a 30GG, and I went down to a 34C after surgery. Over the years I gained about 40 pounds, and while I gained in my breasts, I did NOT gain the full amount back. I'm currently wearing a 42DD, though my bras are getting loose from losing the weight. I'm hoping that I will eventually get down to a C cup again when I lose all the weight, but we'll see. It is doubtful that even pregnancy would cause you to gain all the way back to your current size, especially if you watch your weight gain during pregnancy. It might be worth a consult with a doctor, especially if you might want to breastfeed. Breastfeeding can be affected by reduction surgery depending on what they have to do. Some women can breastfeed after reduction, and some can't. It can't hurt to get a consult just to see what your options are.

Good luck!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You should get a reduction, I did and it wasn't affected by having kids, best thing I ever did in my life.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I want to start off by saying that the bmi is only a ratio between your height and weight. It really shouldn't mean a lot to people, but I know a lot of people care about the numbers. The bmi doesn't know how much fat is on your body and if you are lean or fat. It just focus on your height and weight. According to the BMI, a lot of people that have a low or healthy body fat percentage is classified as being overweight or obese. For example: Bodybuilders will always be classified as overweight or obese, according to the bmi. When I get down to my body fat percentage goal, I will be classified as obese according to the bmi.

I don't focus on my bmi. I let my doctor focus on that. I focus on my body fat percentage, because it lets me see how much fat is on my body.

I'm 5ft1" and because of the bmi chart, my doctor told me that I need to get down to 101 pounds. The biggest I ever was, before I've started gaining weight was 125 pounds. It took me 4 years to get to 145 pounds. After that, my weight kept going up, because I wasn't taking care of myself.

A lot of small women have big breasts. Sometimes it can be because of weight gain. You could have inherited your breast size. You've may have been small up until now. Maybe your inheritance just caught up with you.

My breasts are big now. Of course, I have gained a lot of fat. I could be wrong, but I don't think that they will get back down to the size I was when I was in my teens and early twenties.

Please get your body fat percentage, so you can see where it has you. I can show you how much more fat you will have to lose, to be a healthy weight and have a healthy body fat percentage. It's possible that the fat will not come from your breasts.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I also had a breast reduction, I went from a 48DDD down to a 42D, I'm not even at this for two months and just got measured for a bra and I am now a 42C. I don't think my first bra was a C cup, it was a D @ 12 years old. I hope your able to get a reduction, start a paper trail, see your doctor and tell him that you have terrible pain in your shoulders/upper back. That should help you get the reduction that you want :) I wish you all the best....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    I also had a breast reduction. The best thing I ever did. I lost 10 lbs and 7 inches of breasts....LOL I have no clue what size I wore before my surgery. I know it wasnt correct. I shoved them in a 48 DDD. LOL
  • JeepsMcCreeps
    Options
    Just got back from work and finally had time to respond lol.
    To all who've asked, I have lost weight over the past year or so. At my heaviest I was around 140, and I was still a 32F back then. I looked a little more in proportion then haha. My waist and hips have shrunk and not a pound to be lost in my breasts. :P I look a little whacked out now.
    Perhaps breast reduction would be best but I heard they remove a gland necessary for nursing... and I do want to be able to nurse my kids. I have been running and regularly working out for over a year and have seen no difference in the inches in my chest, still a 36.5 when my hips were 40in and are now 36. So maybe it is genetic. For some reason that fat just won't go away.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Just got back from work and finally had time to respond lol.
    To all who've asked, I have lost weight over the past year or so. At my heaviest I was around 140, and I was still a 32F back then. I looked a little more in proportion then haha. My waist and hips have shrunk and not a pound to be lost in my breasts. :P I look a little whacked out now.
    Perhaps breast reduction would be best but I heard they remove a gland necessary for nursing... and I do want to be able to nurse my kids. I have been running and regularly working out for over a year and have seen no difference in the inches in my chest, still a 36.5 when my hips were 40in and are now 36. So maybe it is genetic. For some reason that fat just won't go away.

Do you have back fat?

I'm not going to share my chest measurement, but I will say that I have been at a certain number for a long time. I have created a 30 Day Tae Bo program for myself (Starting on October 3, 2011) and in 27 days, I have lost 5 inches. 1 inch off my chest, 2 inches off my waist and thighs. I weigh myself once a month and it was time for my weigh in. I'm not through with my program. I have three days left.

I want to say that even my waist and thighs were stuck at a certain number for a while too, but my 30 day Tae Bo creation has helped me lose some inches.
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    I encourage you to investigate the surgery more. Although, My children were well beyond the breastfeeding stage and I have no plans for more children....I was told that breastfeeding after reduction was easily as possible as prior to the surgery.
    My doctor used the "lolipop method" for my surgery.. and because of that I not only got to a very comfortable size, I benefited from that LIFT as well !! :)
    Seek out the information....dont' just take what you read on message boards as gospel...Please?! Go see a reputable surgeon and get ANSWERS to the questions that matter to you.

Best of Luck
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    IN THE MEANTIME.......

Get yourself the VERY BEST FITTING bras you can afford.

As a Mammogram Technologist, I spent 25 years in the breast health field. It sounds like you have the type of breast tissue that more 'glandular or dense (firm)" rather than mostly fat or a combination of the two. Your breast cup size will probably NOT change with weight loss.

ALL breast surgery is a BIG decision with many things to consider including future childbirth and breastfeeding.

If you dedide to go the surgical route, PLEASE find a reputable and talented doctor who will answer ALL of your questions to your satisfaction.

If you have ANY, and I mean ANY doubts about surgery, DO NOT do it!

Again, in the meantime, get yourself a good, supportive bra that ENHANCES your figure~ treat your "girls" well and they will do the same for you!

The best of luck to you!