How long before you stop feeling like you're still "big"?

Options
Went winter coat shopping this week. I got a size 14 to try on, even though I know I'm not a 14 anymore. Then tried on the 10. Then grabbed the 8. Yup. It fits! I was actually surprised at how well the 8 fit. Very surprised.

This was a major NSV for me especially since I'm in a weight loss rut right now, and can't seem to get out of the low 150s and its a bit depressing since I've been trying so hard.

Replies

• dragonflybird
    Options
    Awww you should seriously feel proud of what you've done. It will take longer to get those last few pounds off, but it will happen. Congratulations on the 8!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I picked up some XL exercise pants yesterday and held them up, I always wear XL, and my friend said, "those would be way too big for you". The only way I guess I will stop feeling 'big' is to physically try on clothes. I don't know that I feel it so much, or see it so a whole lot, but the clothes definitely don't lie! Great job on getting into an 8, that is wonderful!!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try some Calorie Cycling....if you want to get out the plateau....
    and girl! Feel VERY proud of yourself for where you've gotten to!!! That is AWESOME!!!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Try some Calorie Cycling....if you want to get out the plateau....
    and girl! Feel VERY proud of yourself for where you've gotten to!!! That is AWESOME!!!!

Also known as zig-zagging. I do this, and it is the only thing that helped me break through a plateau.

Congrats on your NSV. Chin up! It will keep going down. :)
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that feel good. All of my adorable coats are now huge on me. Maybe Santa will being me a smaller one. :)
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a US size 4 and still think of myself as 'the fat one'. so i've no idea, but if you figure it out, please let me know! on a side note, congrats on the 8 and keep up the good work! :)
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with the PP.

I think sliding into a smaller size is *almost* better then seeing the scale move. I can't wait to be back in 8's- sigh.

You should feel proud! Keep pushing!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Went winter coat shopping this week. I got a size 14 to try on, even though I know I'm not a 14 anymore. Then tried on the 10. Then grabbed the 8. Yup. It fits! I was actually surprised at how well the 8 fit. Very surprised.

This was a major NSV for me especially since I'm in a weight loss rut right now, and can't seem to get out of the low 150s and its a bit depressing since I've been trying so hard.

OP: How long before you stop feeling like you're still "big"?
    the double edged sword,
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398328-the-fat-girl
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Remember, nobody (and I mean NOBODY) is as hard on us as we are on ourselves. No matter how much we progress we have the ability to focus on and amplify our flaws. I'm down to a 34" waist after starting with a 40+" waist in April, and there are still days where I look in the mirror and see GUT.

Clothing simply cannot lie. No matter how down I get about perceived flaws, the fact that I can pull off fully-buttoned and zipped 38" pants means I've lost serious inches no matter what I think the mirror shows. And the fact that you are unambiguously down several coat sizes means you are definitely smaller.

Big, fat...these are relative to the eye of the beholder. Make sure you're beholdin' all your success and put on some blinders to what you were...'cause what you described sounded an awful lot like success to me. :smile:
  • JMehl135
    JMehl135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm in a very similar position. I'm stuck in a 150 rut and was discouraged. Then I went to the store and picked up size 10 jeans at first but the sales lady kept saying you need to go down a size. I ended with a 6....I'm used to saying I need to go bigger. I still feel "big" but that NSV helped with the feeling. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I still pick up clothes that are too big for me, also. I am a size 10 now and still question whether they will fit every single time I take them out of the closet...and am still pleasantly surprised every time they do!

Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!