Smoothies and Soups recipes?

Options
I've recently gotten hold of a blender... exciting for me as my student kitchen is virtually empty!
I really want to make some smoothies and soups, and was hoping some of you could share your favourite recipies that I could try :)

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My favorite soup is a Provençal Greens Soup (I skip the croutons and cheese since it's so nourishing and flavorful on its own):
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/health/nutrition/17recipehealth.html

The great thing about this recipe is that there aren't many ingredients, and they're things that have a long shelf/fridge life so you can always have them on hand. The recipe is also easy to cut in half if you don't need so many servings.

EDIT: Just reread your post and realized you're probably looking for pureed soups, but I'll keep my recommendation above. As far as pureed soups go, you really can't beat butternut squash.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Is it an emersion blender? I get my healthy recipes from skinnytaste.com... my gift to you!!!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Just reread your post and realized you're probably looking for pureed soups, but I'll keep my recommendation above. As far as pureed soups go, you really can't beat butternut squash.

That looks AMAZING thank you! I want to make some right now :)
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    For smoothies I recommend mixing ANY 3 to 4 fruits you'd like. Blueberry, strawberry, banana is one of my favorites. If it's too think, you can add a little bit of juice. I also like to add a few drops of lemon. Just experiement with the flavors and you can do nothing wrong.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My favorite is frozen strawberries , pour in apple juice to cover. Start blending, open lid while blending, add 2 scoops GNC protein powder and Barleins flax seed oil mixed with it's sediment. Replace cover , few seconds Iater it's ready ! Healthy for weight loss and muscle building. Tastes great! Just use about 2 tbsp of oil. The flaxseed oil actually helps burn calories !
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    For a quick breakfast, I blend 1 1/2 c. frozen fruit, 2/3 c. skim milk and 1/4c. fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt. The frozen fruit keeps from having to add ice cubes. I use the Puree or Ice Crush setting and blend till smooth (about 2 minutes). You can add protein powder to up your protein. Made with strawberries and peaches (one of my fav combinations), it has 180 cal, 9g protein, 37 g carbs (3 g fiber) and no fat.
  • MissMom85
    Options
    Yoplait has great smoothie mixes and all you add is some frozen fruit and ice, they are delicious and actually pretty good for you!
  • ZoAnnAlexis
    Options
    I loooooove strawberry orange banana smoothies! I use one whole personal sized strawberry yogurt (or your can use real strawberries and vanilla yogurt), one banana, one orange (or you can go two bananas and a splash of orange juice), and just a few ice cubes. Blend it all up, and viola! Really you can use whatever you have to in order to get that flavor combo, but no matter what, I promise it won't disappoint.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have two recipies for you which I think you will enjoy.

Chocolate Peanut Butter with Banana

Add the following:
    Mix and blend these two items first:
    1 scoop of protein chocolate mix ( I use Jillian Micheals Chocolate Triple Whey Protien Mix)
    6 ounces of water (You could add 8 ounces if do not want the smoothie that thick)

Then add and blend the following:
    1 bananna
    1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter (Peanut butter should be low fat without trans-fat/hydrogenated oils)
    Add ice cubes (3 to 6 ice cubes depending how could you want it to be)

1 serving: 335 calories, 10 grams of fat

Chocolate Raspberry with Banana:
    Repeat above but minus the peanut butter
    Add and blend at least six raspberries (or more depending on your taste)

1 serving: 265 calories with 4 grams of Fat

Enjoy!!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have two recipies for you which I think you will enjoy.

Chocolate Peanut Butter with Banana

Add the following:
    Mix and blend these two items first:
    1 scoop of protein chocolate mix ( I use Jillian Micheals Chocolate Triple Whey Protien Mix)
    6 ounces of water (You could add 8 ounces if do not want the smoothie that thick)

Then add and blend the following:
    1 bananna
    1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter (Peanut butter should be low fat without trans-fat/hydrogenated oils)
    Add ice cubes (3 to 6 ice cubes depending how could you want it to be)

1 serving: 335 calories, 10 grams of fat

Chocolate Raspberry with Banana:
    Repeat above but minus the peanut butter
    Add and blend at least six raspberries (or more depending on your taste)

1 serving: 265 calories with 4 grams of Fat

Enjoy!!!

I do the chocolate peanut butter one too. It's quite decadent! If it's not chocolately enough, a drizzle of chocolate syrup will not affect the calorie count too much.
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    http://www.buythebullet.com/bulletrecipes.php

These are specifically designed for the magic bullet blender (Which is absolutely amazing) but it'll work in any blender.