Fibromyalgia Support

Options
I was wondering if a group exists for people with fibromyalgia that want to share foods, exercises, and stretches that have assisted them in losing weight, without being in worse pain. If there isn't a group, would anyone want to be part of one? Before I take the time to make a group for it, I want to make sure there are people that will use it.

Thanks!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of one. Having fibromyalgia is just one more thing that makes it difficult to exercise and lose weight.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you!!
  • sunshyne6680
    Options
    I would love to join something like this I think it would be great!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! This weekend I will make a group. I will friend all of you so that you are able to join =)
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would love support for this.
  • myla57
    myla57 Posts: 11
    Options
    Is there a Fibro. support group on here that I can join?
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group if it's active...I've had Fibro for 12 years now and counting....
  • ladytwiglet
    Options
    i'm up for it too! did anyone make the group yet?
  • sugarbear16
    sugarbear16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 55 years old, almost 56. I have had a diagnosis of fibromyalgia for 5 yrs but probably had it longer than that. It is painful, especially if I lay on the floor and do exercises. However, it does give you the endorphin kick in that we need to stop pain. I know that sounds strange. We may not get as high as an endorphin as regular people, ours works more towards our pain. So what we are doing is manually stimulating that part of our brain that says pain; Push through the pain when you can, and rest, rest, rest, when you need to. Sometimes on the weekend or a day off, I just do nothing because I can tell my body is in a lot of pain and I pushed it too hard, or.....it just needs to rest for a day so I can make it through the week happily. My doctor told me he wished more of his fibromyalgia patients did what I do. It does hurt at times, work out in the pool, that really helps. Walking, focus is the key. We have to push ourselves harder and we may not burn calories as well because we are in pain all the time. It does get better though. Think of getting healthier and the pounds will come. I also soak in Epsom salts. I have lymphedema too; so I have a lot of pain from that. I take that day after work and soak in the bath tub and that really helps. For many issues. So.....on that note, I am willing to be a part of the fibro team.