Carbs

Options
I've been recommended to eat a whopping 261 grams of carbs a day , does anyone else cut their carb allowance and boost their protein allowance? And if so how has it worked?:drinker:

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The 40/40/20 (pro,carb,fat) macro split has been extremely effective for me. I aim to cut slowly, at around 1.5lbs a per week, as to not compromise muscle mass. And although you don't shrink the pure fat off as rapidly then say, a keto diet, I feel much more resilient and energized throughout the day.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I like my carbs too much, to cut them to 261.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I had 1 net carb today and ate some great food..I am a diabetic and have to do the low carb deal...
    carbs are poison to certain diabetics...

look at my food diary if you want to...

261 would send me into a coma

everybody is different
  • Brianfit50
    Options
    thanks Will , I did check your diary, impressive. I'm aiming to keep below 100 grams of carbs per day to start with and see how I manage:smokin:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I had 1 net carb today and ate some great food..I am a diabetic and have to do the low carb deal...
    carbs are poison to certain diabetics...

look at my food diary if you want to...

261 would send me into a coma

everybody is different

Me too. I aim for 50 or less per day and I eat a LOT of vegetables and some fruit.

The main staple of my eating plan is Fat, then protein and lastly carbs from vegetables and fruit.
  • Brianfit50
    Options
    I love fruit but find most of them are packed with carbs