NOT Diet Related

Options
2»

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    ok 1 more.... oreo truffles...

1 pkg of oreos....put in a blender or food proccessor until fine crumbs. pour into a bowl and add 1 pkg (8oz) of cream cheese(room temp) mix together until completely mixed.(it will look kinda like fudge brownie mix.) roll into 1 inch balls. melt semi sweet chocolate, dip balls into the chocolate, then put on wax paper. melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top. refridgerate 1 hour. they r soooo good and so easy and always a hit!!!

I absolutely love this recipe! Soooooo gooooood and soooooo easy! :love:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Also, they are paying $10 to eat. :laugh:
    I want to make it worth their money.

You guys have some great ideas... and I am jotting them down and will keep coming back.
    I LOVE the phyllo cup idea!
    "She" (meaning the lady who kinda took over) doesn't want tons of variety.
    She is thinking money... I am thinking make it worthwhile to cough up $10 to east spaghetti!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    there was a recipe on the of the mint truffle kiss bag - brownies with a hershey kiss upside down in the middle. You'd have to buy the bag because I don't have it with me.

Another idea is to make reese's pb cookies - here's the link. I've done these with my own pb cookie recipe

http://www.recipezaar.com/Stormys-Reeses-Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cookies-2-Ingredients-31311
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Ok, 1 more and I promise to stop...

1 box Ritz crackers
    1 jar of peanut butter (preferably salmonella free! sorry, I couldn't resist...)
    1 bag chocolate chips
    1 jar lightly salted peanuts

Make peanut butter cracker sandwiches. Cover in melted chocolate. Roll in nuts. (I usually only do the one end, because otherwise the cookie becomes too big, and since they're really crackers, they're kind of crumbly...)

This recipe is so easy to make and absolutely fantastic! Always a hit -- for those that don't suffer from peanut allergies! :wink:
  • csantos1182
    Options
    MINI CHEESECAKES

Use foil liners.

12 vanilla wafers
    2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 eggs

Place one vanilla wafer in each liner. Mix: vanilla, cream cheese, and sugar on medium until well blended. Add eggs and mix well. Pour over wafers filling 3/4 full. Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees. Top with one of the following: spoonful of pie filling, fresh fruit, shaved chocolate. Be creative!

This is one of my favorites. You can easily make lots by just multilpying the recipe. and you can make them up a day or two before.

I do these too, I just modify a recipe I have for new york style cheesecake. These are great for parties:happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Balls

Mix 2 cups chunky peanut butter with 1 cup of icing sugar. Roll into 1" balls and freeze.

Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler with enough butter to make it runny

Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate and freeze again.

These are not low calorie but they are delicious
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is mini enough but how about strawberry shortcakes.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is mini enough but how about strawberry shortcakes.

The crazy thing... at the beginning of all of this... we were gonna use Twinkies and fancy them up to make strawberry shortcakes! :laugh:

I may need to meditate on this....
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Oreo Balls, and they are awesome

1 pack of oreo's
    8 oz cream cheese
    melted almond bark or chocolate almond bark

crush oreo's real fine and mix with soften cream cheese

roll into walnut sizr balls
    dip in melted bark and place in mini cupcake papers, or let set on wax paper
    makes 25-30 balls.
    I think the recipe is on "RecipeZaar.com"

You can also decorate them if you want.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas here!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Do you actually make this stuff from scratch? If not they sell the mini cream puffs and eclairs in the frozen section. I know you can get them at Sams Club but not sure if they sell these at Ingles, BiLo or your local food store. You may want to call and ask. I think all you have to do with these is let them thaw out!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=107837

Here is a website that has mini tart recipes!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/results.aspx?keyword=Easy Desserts

Here is another website I found for you! :happy:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    I say rent a chocolate fondue, buy marshmellows, fruit, and pretzles and let them make thier own dessert xD
  • velvetwing
    Options
    OMG.... You all are killing me! I knew I shouldnt have opened this thread LOL
    I think I'll go have carrots now.. :grumble: