Gluten free stuffing

Options
I just recently have been diagnose with cellaic disease and now I'm cutting all gluten out my diet. But my favorite thanksgiving dish is gluten free stuffing.. Anyone have a good recipe or no anyway I could make this??

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    There is a whole grain bread called Udi's that is just like regular bread and would work. Plus Bob's red mill put's out gluten free bread mix and corn bread mix which you could use to pre-make your croutons with and then work it like regular stufing. Thats what we are trying this year. I'm not Celiac , but was diagnoised with gluten sensitivity and my wife has MS, so gluten went and just dumping the gluten I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks. It's doable once you find good alternatives. There is gluten free pasta at wal mart thats good and just about all the stores are starting to cater to gluten free folks. We get the bread at Safeway. Good luck!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Look online for Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread mix (or any other Gluten-Free cornbread mix but Bob's is very popular and pretty easy to find)

Make cornbread according to package.
    In pan cook one pound Bob evans or Jimmy Dean regular breakfast sausage. Do not drain grease. Once the sausage is cooked add one small onion, chopped and one apple peeled and chopped. Cook on low until onions and apples are soft. Crumble cooked cornbread in big bowl, add sausage, onion and apples with any drippings. Add one to two cups of gluten-free stock (veggie or chicken) you want everything to be moist without being too soggy. You can either stuff your turkey with this or put it into a casserole dish and bake at 350 for about an hour. If the top starts to get brown, cover with foil until it's done.

We have been making this for 5 years since I was diagnosed and it's really good. Don't worry, you can still have a great Thanksgiving even if you have to be gluten-free. :)
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pamela's Products! I just made some of her cornbread and have it in the freezer in preparation for my gluten free stuffing..

Just google you can find so many great recipes :)