I'm stuck!

Options
I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore! I haven't lost any pounds in more than 3 weeks! I'm still logging my exercise and meals everyday. I'm getting really frustrated :/

Replies

• backstreet1008
    Options
    It could be any number of things. Maybe you've gained muscle. Or maybe you've reached a plateau and need to change your food and exercise regime. It's hard to really say. It happens to me every once in a while.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. Do you track your body fat percentage and inches?
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is 3weeks for me too :-( Just keep doing whaqt you are doing. Sometimes the body just wants to hold onto the weight longer than usual.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. I do spin class three times a week and run/walk on a treadmill the other days. I was stuck for about three weeks, then I added a different exercise (30 DS) to the routine. That did the trick, and I lost a pound the week I started it. I think you need to change it up once in a while to keep your body "on its toes!" Just don't give up, and be patient - it will happen! :flowerforyou:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Try something a little different like NOT eating your exercise calories back. I used to do that because I listened to everyone else on here. When I stopped doing that, I immediately started dropping lbs.! I eat about 1500 and I do not eat any exercise calories.

I had also split up my workout. I worked out in the afternoon and morning. I don't think that made the difference though.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. I do spin class three times a week and run/walk on a treadmill the other days. I was stuck for about three weeks, then I added a different exercise (30 DS) to the routine. That did the trick, and I lost a pound the week I started it. I think you need to change it up once in a while to keep your body "on its toes!" Just don't give up, and be patient - it will happen! :flowerforyou:

I agree!!
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I usually do cardio 3 times a week and weight resistance 3 times a week. I think I am going to reduce my calorie intake, I have been feeling like I'm eating too much.
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    And I usually weight myself every other day, just because I'm frustrated right now. But usually I weigh myself once a week, and measure once a week too. There have been no changes in almost 3 weeks :(
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Stalls and plateaus will happen in a weightloss journey...many times. Your body will go into cycles...slow in dropping the weight and sometimes even gain. One has to make sure they are following their plan and stick with it through these times...it's hard but they do pass and then your body goes on a losing streak again.

I weigh myself everyday...it teaches me alot about my body and how it reponds to food i eat. I do not get stressed about the fluctuations...I am getting to know my body and able to work it to my best advantage.

If you log everything you eat and have gone over it with a fine tooth comb you will know where to fine tune things...if they are fine...continue with your exercise routine and the stall/plateau will break in time.