What do you do to make exercise NOT feel like exercise?

Options
Mickie17
Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
I like hiking around outdoors...walking around wetlands, or hiking into the hills. It makes exercising NOT feel like exercise to me.

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like hiking around outdoors...walking around wetlands, or hiking into the hills. It makes exercising NOT feel like exercise to me.

• thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I used to list all the former Miss Americas or the Presidents of the United States in order to myself when I ran...took my mind off the pain, lolol!
  • kyeshai
    Options
    I TIVO my favorite shows and watch them while I walk on the treadmill. I get so into the Bachelor that an hour flies by without me realizing that I burned 300 + calories.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I love exercise! It helps to have good background music and to go to the gym when there aren't too many people using the treadmills. Otherwise, it gets louder than I can bear.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I take a bellydance class 4 days a week. It's very high paced. It includes salsa, bachata, mambo, & cumbia. it's a workout but tons of fun!! :smile:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i use my elliptical while watching films and dvds on my laptop :laugh:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Games! We have a Wii. Wii Outdoor Adventure is a really fun cardio workout. Wii Fit is great for stretching and toning. I also have decided if I can sit on the couch and watch TV then there is no reason I can't peddle a bike and watch instead. I put on a movie or an hour TV program, get on the stationary bike and that becomes my time. I get to watch with no interuptions. It is really relaxing!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Loud music and long walks/runs, with varying destinations. It gets boring when you see the same trees day in and day out! Any day that is pretty enough for me to be outside..you can bet I will be. Being outside is better than a stinky gym anyday! My gym is not that stinky but outside beats it hands down!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Rollerblading! I love to be outdoors and I get to see more of the views when I'm on wheels!
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think of it as a blessing! So many people physically can't do it and we can!! Think how amazing and complicated our bodies are!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical while I watch tv. NCIS is pretty entertaining and it takes my mind off my burning calves!
  • trritchie
    Options
    Ice Skating, im to worried about falling to think about exercise and its fun
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Music and variety.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. ("Footloose", "Love Shack", "Gloria", "Wild, Wild West", etc.)
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Dancing to music. I Youtube songs that make me move. And then, dance to it. So much fun. :laugh:
    Walking outside and look at the beautiful scenery, admire others' landscaping, house's architecture:heart:
    Sports, sports, sports and more sports. :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like feeling like I'm exercising! Some days I need a little boost, like really good music. Then I'll start with a fairly intense warmup...and those are usually the days I really push myself. I do love hiking when it's warm out.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did this last night. I did NOT feel like exercising. I put on my head phones to 'listen' to music. Before you know it my foot is tapping, my arms are moving and my booty is shaking!!

After 15 minutes or so I took off out the front door like a bolt of lightening!!

Great 1 hour work out!

:flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I play volleyball for 4-5 hours a week. It's a smokin' great workout, but I'm having so much fun that I don't think about it... I just enjoy the competition and try to beat the guys that I play against...:tongue:
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Lately, I only allow myself to watch TV if I am on the Elliptical ...
    I can burn a lot of calories when watching an hour long show !!:bigsmile: I plan my cardio exercise around the shows I want to watch. ... and I feel so great afterwards .. PLUS it's impossible to do the couch-potato-snack-thing when I'm exercising. I also LOVE adding the exercise to my daily journal ... it's a daily accomplishment that I look forward to.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I take my five year old and my two year old boys and we Wrestle. Man those two are tough and it's alot of work when they get that youthful energy going! lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: