Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"BITE ON THE NAIL"

“Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bite on the nail.”

There will always be plenty of reasons why you can't, won't, or shouldn't eat well or exercise on a given day.
Your challenge is to decide if you'll give those excuses enough power to derail your
dream or whether you'll “bite on the nail” and stay committed enough, consistently enough, to really do it—day in and day out, no matter what.
Though Hemingway wrote nine novels and nearly 70 short stories, he was not a prolific writer.
He was, however, disciplined and consistent, producing an average of two pages a day. His strategy:
“Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bite on the nail.”

In a USA Today survey, 805 American adults were asked, “What caused you to stop dieting before losing all the weight you wanted?”
The top two reasons? 39% said they got “discouraged”; 24% cited a “lack of interest.”

Remember: The more enthused, the more you lose!:drinker: ..I'll drink to that(water of course,lol..or Protein shakes..YUM!)

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    nice, i like this! thanks :)
  • I think discouraged is a very common reason. Sometimes, we give up on ourselves too easily -- I have eaten a "forbidden" food, then feel like I just don't have what it takes to stick wth it-- beat myself up. What if we could be as understanding and gentle with ourselves as we are with our family and friends? How could we fail? What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
  • thanks for the motivation. been feeling like crap lately! tomorrow i will take on the day!