Looking for Low Cal/Fat Thanksgiving Recipes

Options
VanessaFaith
VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
I'm looking for some low calorie/low fat Thanksgiving recipes... I have ZERO! :-) I just broke through a plateau this week and I'm scared of messing things up... HELP! If you have any good or interesting recipes, please post or message me! Thanks!

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 101 pounds! That's awesome!! For Thanksgiving, try roasting some acorn or butternut squash. Eat more healthy vegetables instead of mashed potatoes or casseroles. Keep up the great work!!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you're interested in Clean Eating take a look at this site: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-holiday-recipe-roundup-2011/#more-12563
    I think it contains terrific stuff!
    Good Luck
  • annetteraley
    annetteraley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with more of the vegetables. Today I roasted some vegetables for a fabulous harvest vegetable medley.

Harvest Vegetable Medley (roast at 450 degrees)

Step 1

Peel and cube 2 sweet potatoes, 2 carrots
    In a mixing bowl, 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp Rosemary, 1/2 tsp Basil, 1/2 tsp Thyme and 1/2 tsp Corse Sea Salt, toss the sweet potatoes and carrots.

I put them on a cookie sheet lined with "no stick" foil, Roasting 10 minutes....

Step 2
    Chop 1/2 Medium Onion, 1 Zuchini, 1 Eggplant, 1 large stalk Celery
    Mixing Bowl, 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic salt, and a smidge of Ceyenne if you want to add a lilttle heat.

Step 3.
    Remove the partially cooked sweet potatoes and carrots from the oven mixing them into the additional vegetables to be roasted.

Put ALL of the now combined vegetables on the No Stick Foil lined cookie sheet and bake 450 for an additional 10 minutes.

Makes about 6 - 1 cup servings for only 63 Calories and 3 grams of protein

Even my hard to please hubby loved it...
  • VanessaFaith
    Options
    Thanks for all the input so far... these are great! And so are the sites! Can't wait to try some of these!!
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • VanessaFaith
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • insanely
    Options
    The Biggest Loser has some amazing thanksgiving recipes.

I have made the Curtis Stone stuffing and it was awesome, could not stop eating it.

Just log on to nbc and go to the biggest loser and then the recipe section.

Good Luck, hope you find some recipes that you can use
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    bump