Pole Dancing Classes?

Options
has anyone tried these classes? if so how did it work out for you? :laugh:

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I've always wanted to.... Not brave enough to yet!
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I took a few classes...super hard but awesome! :) It's a great workout and you feel sexy doing it :)
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the classes per say. But I do some pole dancing on my own ( I have a pole in my basement, a real one, not a fake, those are dangerous) and I usually manage to keep my heart rate up to 165+ while doing it, work up a great sweat and it really is great for your upper body strength. It might not be such a great cardio workout while your still figuring it out. I find it to be tonnes of fun. It helps if you have strong hands and lots of patience, and don't mind falling down a bit. I can only do a few tricks, because my upper body strength isn't that great. You'll find the lighter and stronger you are, the more amazing things you can do with it. Especially if your fearless. I would love to take classes, but there are none out here. You can check youtube for some great instructional videos. I would say try it a few times, don't expect any miracles the first class or so, just go and have fun. If you really find you love it, a good pole is between 200 and 400 dollars. A great all over body cardio and strength work out. Whats not to love?
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to take one later one.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I try not to mix work and my recreational time.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    I know someone who used to do that for a living, an she an another friend of mine talked about putting a pole up so she could teach the 2 of us who havnt been on stage dancing :) I was told it is one HELL of a work out.
    I live in the bible belt (southern us) so I doubt there are classes around here. If there were, I would totally go haha
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    its an amazing work out, try it out!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I try not to mix work and my recreational time.
    :drinker:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have! I have! I absolutely love it. Not only is it an amazing abs and upper body workout. You really gain confidence in yourself and sexuality. I've been telling everyone (including my mama) to take a class. You will love it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It's very tough, look up "pole dancing olympics" on youtube, the moves they perform are liken to summer olympic routines.
  • odettedancing
    odettedancing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agreed, its very challenging on the body....I leave with many bruises and very sore muscles in places I didn't know they existed!
  • diam0nddagger
    Options
    Yes, love it. Recommend everyone tries it :)