2 work outs per day?

Options
Does anyone do more than one work out? Is there a such things as to much?
The reason I am asking is I work out in my lunch hour 5 days a week I get 40 minutes exactly. I just don't know that I feel its enough.
I was thinking about continuing to go on my lunch for 40min and then after work for 30 or 40 minutes? Or leave off the noon workout and just do 60 minutes after work? Any suggestions?

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I use to work out twice a day. I would work out when I get off work in the morning and workout again when I get up before I go to work. Burned a kick *kitten* amount of calories. It helped me reach my goal.

Sometimes I still workout twice a day but not as much. If you work out that much you have to eat a lot more food.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I do two-a-days, resistance training in the morning, and cardio or rock climbing on back and bicep days (separate days) at night
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about doing this, my plan is to start tomorrow. I am not sure how well it is going to work out (meaning if I will get up) but we shall see :D
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    two is great...I would often workout in the morning, say zumba wii....,then hit the gym with the kids and the elliptical.
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great thanks guys. I to think I may try this tomorrow. It can't hurt with the extra food I will most likely be eating on Thursday and friday lol.
    I am also planning on getting the Xbox 360 on the Black Friday sale and I thought I could continue to go to the gym on lunch and then do Zumba or a Dance video/game in the evening.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I workout twice a day... a factor to consider is whether or not you have time, but it is do-able.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There is a concern for overtraining muscles, but I think if you are talking about 30-40 minute blocks twice a day, it's probably fine - depending on the exercise, of course.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/overtraining/

There are huge benefits to breaking up the exercise and working out two different times of the day.

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/tips/working-out-twice-a-day-is-it-for-you/
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you notice little to no muscle growth you may be overtraining.
    Throw in a resting day/s so you can recover a bit.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you mean you'll go to gym work out your muscles as strength training twice a day every day, just keep in mind that after training today your upper body you'll give it rest tomorrow. And when tomorrow doing lower body then next day let that rest. Muscles need time to recover to build up and get stronger so plan your training schedule accordingly. Do different things at least every other day.

But this is just what my trainer (very professional bodybuilder) said to me about 20 years ago so if anyone has newer knowledge and is expert him/herself, please correct!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    2 day split and 3 day split are great starts!
    Cardio on off days or first thing in the A.M.
    Lifting later in the day.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I do something physical 0-3 times a day lol
    I try for two though!