Dear Everyone,

How much you weigh does not define your beauty, existence, or worth.

I am trying to make this my mindset and stop being so obsessive, and it is hard. But I was just thinking today, life flies by...we really need to enjoy every moment more (at least I do). I waste wayy too much time thinking about weight loss and it puts so much stress on me and my relationships. I'm going with the theory that maybe if I think something enough, it will come true. I still spend many hours a day worrying about all this, and subconsciously it is always on my mind..but maybe by making these small steps and encouraging myself with quotes like this things will get better. Being obsessive about this stuff is no fun way to live. It has GOT to change, and soon. I don't want my life to pass me by :( I hope all of you other obsessive/un-confident people out there feel at least a little encouraged by this. So everyone do yourself a favor and look in the mirror and find some things you like about you. YOU are awesome..
<3<3

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Like! :flowerforyou:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    I love the change in thoughts. You are so beautiful and you deserve happiness. I know how hard it is sometimes, and I don't always practice what I preach. It is okay for you to get down on yourself every once in a while, for that leads to self improvement- but it isn't okay to self loathe especially since you are such a beautiful and wonderful person <3 Keep thinking it, it does help. You need to realize how important loving yourself really is, or else you'll live miserably, and that is no way to live a all. Ten years will go by and you will wonder what happened!
  • prettyinpink116
    prettyinpink116 Posts: 35 Member
    WOW! Thanks so much for this!! I been thinking about this recently and I feel the same way. I obsess 24/7 about my weight, it controls my life and prevents me from going out & having fun! I am so sick of this toxic mindset and I really need to make a change now! Thanks so much for you post. You've inspired me and motivated me to make this change.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    This is why I don't log obsessively or constantly worry about calories. Life is too short to obsess about desserts and high calorie drinks. I enjoy everything in moderation instead. :D
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Good post! I was thinking about you, wondering how you're doing. I hope you're able to enjoy life, doing well in school, and staying healthy. God bless you!