Not loosing inches in my stomach

Options
***I meant to type losing not loosing, sorry! ****

Hi all,

I have lost almost 30 pounds, and my stomach will NOT go away(It's gone now .5 inches so far). I do crunches, sit ups, etc all of the time. 100-500 every other day. I do cardio 5-6 days out of the week for 40-90 mins a day)

I've always had a little bit of as tummy, Dad has one and so does everyone on my Dads side of the family, no matter how small anyone gets, they still have as stomach.

Is there anything I can do to make it smaller? It's driving me nuts! I don't care if it's "flat", but jeez no improvements?!

Replies

• kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    just be patient..
    your body decides where the fat disappears
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing :D It took about 10 months for my stomach to change shape (although I was losing inches everywhere, it still had the awesome "hangover" going on!)--I literally have just started to see a good change in the last month or so. I've heard it's the last and hardest place to lose the lbs and inches, and that cardio is about the only way to get it gone (obviously, those crunches won't hurt... there are abs of steel under there waiting to come out! :wink:). The only change I've made in the last month is adding more circuit training and HIIT... it's worth a shot!
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It seems like your doing all the right things. I love a lot of inches off my stomach when I went to the gym I would do a 10 min warm up on the treadmill then to ab activation, so what ever ab excercises then I would do my weight training and that took 1 to 2 inches off my stomach in a month I would do that twice a week then the three other days of working out I would just do cardio then abs afterward. This seemed to help me if you don't already do this you could give it a try.

Also, sometimes on people the last place for the fat to drop from is the stomach so you might also be one of those people. Don't give up though it seems like your doing all the right things keep up the good work.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Crunches and sit up don't slim your waist, they strengthen your abs. Floor abs exercise strengthen your abs. If you want to slim your waist, you have to do twisting abs workouts.

Take a look at Tae Bo Insane Abs and you will see what I'm talking about.

Tae Bo is my favorite workout. What I love about Billy, he makes it clear as to what will help a person get abs. 1. Abs starts in the kitchen. In other words, you have to eat healthy in order for your abs to show. 2. Twisting workouts. This slims the waist. 3. Crunches and other floor ab workouts. This strengthen your abs.

A person can do crunches all day long and even eat healthy. This will not slim their waist.

Watch this clip and you will see twisting exercises that Billy uses to help slim the waist and trust me, this works. I wasn't losing inches from the three areas that I measure and after doing 27 days of Tae Bo, I've lost 5 inches. 1 inch off my chest, 2 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my thighs.

Tae Bo Insane Abs:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/billy-blanks-tae-bo-insane-abs-5939
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    My wife is having the same issue. Visceral fat has its own blood supply and is almost treated like an organ! It takes the longest to lose.
    cardio will help loose the fat faster but be sure to eat your calories and have the energy for it.
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    I have the same issue...everyone in my family has ALWAYS had a stomach even when we were at our thinnest. Have you tried using one of those belly bands? I wear one when I work out and its basically a wrap around your stomach and it helps lose water weight and such from your stomach. When I take it off I can feel a difference but not sure about losing inches yet.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is so frustrating! It's the first place I gain and the last place to come off. Just be patient and keep truckin' - it'll come off in time, your body just decides when, haha.
  • katloaf
    Options
    I've lost 10 kilograms and zero came from my waist. It's really depressing - my waist measurement is still at an unhealthy level even though my BMI is in the healthy weight range.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Do ab exercises that work your transverse abdominal muscles. They are the deepest layer of muscle and are the ones responsible for holding in your organs and intestines. If you strengthen those they'll get tighter, which will result in a flatter stomach. But until you can burn more fat from belly (from lots of cardio and patience) you may not see a noticeable affect from those exercises. It seems like a lot of women lose from the "outside in", meaning fat comes off from the hands and feet first, then arms and legs, then belly and butt last. So just be patient, it'll happen eventually.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses weight in different areas on of their bodies at different rates. Wherever you put weight on first, comes off last because that's where your body is accustomed to holding extra weight. For me it is my thighs, for you it sounds like it is your stomach. I know it can be discouraging but just keep pressing on.

As some other people have said, cardio is the only way to actually make fat come off your body, so you may want to up that... but keep up with your ab exercises because then you will have some nice muscles waiting for you when your stomach thins out.

Hope that helps! :)
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice. I will be patiently waiting!