Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis????

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Hi all! Yesterday I received Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis as a gift from my brother. I didn't have time to check the videos and all but it seems like a 90 days program which includes cardio and mat workouts and promises a transformation of the whole body.

I have never done a similar program, ever. I have P90x but when I watched the first video it seemed way too difficult for my fitness level so I put it aside. I had stopped exercising for years (only did some latin dance lessons) and a few months ago I began exercising again. My cardio is mainly dancing or Zumba and my strength training is Power or AShtanga yoga. I tried Jillian's 30 day shred but within 4-5 days I got major knee pain so I quitted.

Has anyone tried it? Did it get you results?

Any opinion of your experience with it will be much appreciated.

Replies

• tracykinrade
    Options
    Hi i found some of Tracy's stuff a bit weird however her mat workout makes a lot of sense and is fairly easy to follow. You do need to build up slowly. Good luck with what ever you do x
    :wink:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have Tracey's mat workout and really like it. I havent tried the other stuff though. From what I have read about her the exercises are good - but not to follow her diet plan.

Luck forward to hearing how you get on. xx
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I have Tracey's mat workout and really like it. I havent tried the other stuff though. From what I have read about her the exercises are good - but not to follow her diet plan.

Luck forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Oh I did took a quick look to her diet plan last night... it seemed to me that she suggests a very low calorie plan (700-800 calories per day I'd estimate). I already have a 1200-1300 plan with a nutricionist and I am definitely not willing to give it up. Plus I believe that consuming only 700 calories per day with daily exercise will only leave me malnutricioned!
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    I havent actually read about her dieting myself, but read what other people have said. I try and do the mat workout 3 times per week and think its making a difference. I also do Jillian Michaels cadio ones and lots of walking. xx
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I havent actually read about her dieting myself, but read what other people have said. I try and do the mat workout 3 times per week and think its making a difference. I also do Jillian Michaels cadio ones and lots of walking. xx

Which cardio of Jillian do you do? I have the Burn Fat Boost metabolism but never tried it up to now.

I am thinking that since TAM has only 1 cardio exercise for all 90 days of the method then I might want to swap it with some other cardio exercise as I get easily bored...
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi

I have 30 day shred which is 30 mins, 6 week 6 pack and Burn fat boost met - which I really like. x