I almost gave up

Options
I almost quit MFP after losing 22 pounds in one month. I should be happy right? Well I was, until the weight slowly started to creep back on! Well it didn't creep back on, I did it to myself. I don't know why I stopped working out. I joined a couple of challenges for November, but gave up after the first week and a half when I stepped on the scale and I had gained. I don't know why I stopped logging everything I ate. I felt ashamed to admit that I was eating more than I was logging. I am so upset with myself. I want and need to be healthy so I can live for a long time. After being on here for 2 months I am finally REALLY ready to start my weight loss journey. I will have good weeks and there will be bad weeks. I will not let the bad ones get me down and I will celebrate the good weeks. It will be a day by day process and then week by week , month by month, so on and so on......

Sorry to babble on but I feel like if I posted something on the forums it might even hold me more accountable.

This time I will not quit!

Replies

• jade_85
    Options
    good on you and welcome back. u can and will do this good luck hunni xx
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. If you make your diary public, at least for your friends then maybe it will be easier for you to eat healthy. It's a work in progress and you've just got to keep going. You can do this. Coming back to the site was a great step forward. There are plenty of people here that will help you lose the weight and keep it off. Good luck and remember you can do this
  • Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    Options
    Isn't it funny how our brain tricks us into thinking "if I don't log it, it's like I didn't eat it" lol When really all we're doing is cheating ourselves!
    Welcome back and keep up the good work! Add me as a friend if you want :D
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with it. This site is definitely about figuring out how to change your life and that takes alot of personal honesty and alot of hard work. I have been struggling lately with a plateau in my weight loss, but when I actully admit what has been going on in my life, I know EXACTLY why the weight stopped coming off. The good news is that tomorrow is always a fresh start. Good luck with your journey!
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well done for staying with it...
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I almost quit MFP after losing 22 pounds in one month. I should be happy right? Well I was, until the weight slowly started to creep back on! Well it didn't creep back on, I did it to myself. I don't know why I stopped working out. I joined a couple of challenges for November, but gave up after the first week and a half when I stepped on the scale and I had gained. I don't know why I stopped logging everything I ate. I felt ashamed to admit that I was eating more than I was logging. I am so upset with myself. I want and need to be healthy so I can live for a long time. After being on here for 2 months I am finally REALLY ready to start my weight loss journey. I will have good weeks and there will be bad weeks. I will not let the bad ones get me down and I will celebrate the good weeks. It will be a day by day process and then week by week , month by month, so on and so on......

Sorry to babble on but I feel like if I posted something on the forums it might even hold me more accountable.

Please don't quit! Lots of us have been in that exact same spot...some of us (ME ME ME ME ME) have been there more than once! You can totally do this and I'm here if you want to friend me. I re-started my journey on September 2nd. I can't tell you how many times I had started and stopped!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Sounds like something has clicked :o) It happened to me too, always gaining any weight i'd lost back on, but now something seems to be working! 22lb in a month is an incredible loss...

You can do it, and there are tonnes of people and advice for support and guidance

Good luck!
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Good for you, welcome back
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Haha, definitely a familiar story to a lot of people.. including me!

Anyway, good job coming back. You can definitely do it. Dig deep for that motivation.. or just come online and distract yourself from eating, like I do! :P
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    "The real winner is not the one who crosses the finishing line first but the one who still crosses the finishing line after falling down"

I would say most of us have started and quit weight management/diets/lifestyle change several times in our lives. The most impressive results have mysteriously vanished and we kick ourselves to *kitten* why did we let it happen, again. Now when I look those battles back, i don't think I really lost there. I won because I slowly slowly FINALLY learnt what works with me and what didn't.

Finding your own way is crucial. No point copy everything that works someone else has done but pick up hints and tricks from everywhere and anyone who is sharing them. Read articles/books/posts, discuss, debate, ask, be curious, try different approaches/sports/foods, reward yourself, visualize yourself in your goal, decide to enjoy all this!

The absolute strength in MFP is that what ever style you use, it can always help you out to have the basic things in order; calories in and out. Members are awesome bunch of self-made experts who really really want to everyone else too success. It is so much easier to do together when you don't feel like you are all alone there, we are all here for you!!!

I know you will find your way and get there since deep down you know it is worth of all the work no matter how long it takes. It's a great learning journey, enjoy it!!! :-)))
  • spottedlee
    Options
    and lose a friend? I am glad you changed mind,, Let me know the next time you are in town, we can raid the gym together,, maybe do some laps,, it going to be fun. I have unlimited guest privilege so this means you won't have to pay as guest or get roped into joining! Maybe if you come in early in day (9:45 daily but Sunday) there's classes that we can take. All of it use free weights.

Again,, I am glad you didn't quit!
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We all have set backs. So glad you didn't give up. Keep at it.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good job for not quitting!! Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other accountable!!! Good luck..I know you'll do it this time!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options

Awesome job with sticking to MFP. I have been there and sometimes feel like giving up, BUT I realize my MFP friends are very spportive, understanding and know exactly where I am coming from. Don't get me wrong my family and friends are supportive but they are all fit and do not know what it is like to be over weight. Hang in there!!!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    Isn't it funny how our brain tricks us into thinking "if I don't log it, it's like I didn't eat it" lol When really all we're doing is cheating ourselves!
    Welcome back and keep up the good work! Add me as a friend if you want :D

DITTO! Peace :flowerforyou:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you for turning it around! Don't leave us - we need your support just like you need ours! You can do this - you've already proven it in what you've lost thus far. Am I right? :flowerforyou:
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's easy to lose that excitment when you slip up with your eating or fitness. The important thing is that you came back. Don't be ashamed you deserve to treat yourself better than that. You can do this, it's just mind over matter. Streghten your mind and everything else will fall into place. :happy:

(Notice how I didn't use the word "diet" :wink: I don't like that word at all, I'm not on a diet this is my "new" way of life.)
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I just restarted my journey today. I had good progress the last time and I"m hoping to stick with it this time!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome that you came back and are asking for help. It isn't easy and no one is perfect. You just have to keep moving forward.
  • Shantress6
    Options
    I'm so glad you didn't quit! You're an amazing friend to me in real life and online...now that you're in my life I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a friend to go to Target with to try on funny hats! You always have something positive to say...this time it's my turn.
    You're ALREADY a beautiful woman, and you're going to be an even MORE BEAUTIFUL woman when you're more confident and happy with your exterior! You WILL be around a long time and one of these days you and I will be shopping in the misses deparment with smiles on our faces because we have no restricitons! Little black dress, here we come!!