Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Turkey Day Favorites!

Good morning everyone!

As Turkey Day is this week, a few good things happen.

1) Its a short work week
2) I get to eat some yummy food that I love
3) I spend quality time with my family

I plan on preparing for #2 by running my butt off this week so I can eat more stuffing and mashed potatoes!

What are you doing to make calorie room for your favorite food and what is the favorite food item?

Gobble Gobble!

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    My favorite is a turkey sandwich at night, bad I know.....lol
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    PIE!!!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    I'm going to have at least a bite or two of everything lol. I plan on taking a 45 minute or so walk Thursday morning and then heading to my dad's for a mid-afternoon dinner. My contributions are going to be a pineapple sweet potato casserole and a double chocolate gooey butter cake. I'm also really looking forward to a big, fluffy roll or two. While I don't really avoid bread I do avoid rolls in restaurants in particular. I'm really looking forward to a hot dinner roll loaded with real butter:)
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    Hi,
    In canada, our thanksgiving was in October. I was a week or so into my new diet plan. It was difficult.

I know I will have to work equally as hard to keep the momentum around christmas.... I am interested to hear on what you are going to do.
  • funnikki
    funnikki Posts: 6 Member
    I am going to work out the morning of Thanksgiving and enjoy in moderation. I love sweet potato pie! :wink:
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    I am going to do my best to eat within my calories each day and try to exercise, especially on Turkey Day, so that I can enjoy my food and not feel guilty!
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    I'm planning on doing some circuit training later on that night. I'm going to try to get one of everything (except for sweets.. I will only stick to one small piece of my mom's pecan pie) so that way I don't let that day go to waste. :D

But overall - MY GOD THE STUFFING! :love:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    I'm going to double up on Turbo Fire and try to burn 1000 calories Thanksgiving morning.
    Then I'm going to eat at maintenance that day and enjoy moderate portions of...

1. Green Bean Casserole
    2. Sweet Potatoes with the Marshmallows
    3. Baked Macaroni & Cheese
    4. Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie

I CAN'T wait!!!!!!!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    I am going to work out the morning off.

The night before, I am going to play around with logging foods ahead of time to get a good idea of how much of each thing I can eat. Hopefully I will stick to it!!
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Rainy weather or not, I'm headed for a run today with mashed potatoes on the brain! 2 more days!!!
  • I'm gonna get some sweaty yoga in before I feast. Thanksgiving can be really stressful for me (and I imagine others who have struggled with ED), so I try to get some breathing in first :)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    First I plan on eating very light up until meal time, which will be around 4. I am going to try and only have one serving of everything and not eat any dinner rolls. I prefer desserts to food so I will be saving some calories for this peanut butter pie my sister is making. It's a Paula Deen recipe and I'm told it's awesome. I won't have any time to exercise so portion control will be key. I'll have to try to get in some exercise Friday morning, but I will have houseguests all weekend so it might not be possible.