Easy to use Heart rate monitor

Options
I would like to get a heart rate monitor. I would love suggestions on what you think is the best one and the EASIEST to use. Thanks!!

Replies

• hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    bump
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Polar
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something basic, the Polar FT4 is good. I paid about $70 on Amazon for mine. It keeps track of your work out time, your heart rate and your calories. It comes with a chest strap - my only complaint about that is you have to put water on the sensors to plug it in, and in the winter, initially, that water feels a little bit cold around your chest!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 is very easy to use, I have one. Once you set up your personal preferences( height, weight, sex) then all you have to do is hit Start everytime you workout and it tracks heartrate and cals for you. Hit Stop when done. Then you can go back in and it will record your data from day to day keep a log for you to review. It will calculate your target heartrate for you based on the info you put in. I love it, very easy to use, very easy to maintain. I got mine on Amazon for $75
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something basic, the Polar FT4 is good. I paid about $70 on Amazon for mine. It keeps track of your work out time, your heart rate and your calories. It comes with a chest strap - my only complaint about that is you have to put water on the sensors to plug it in, and in the winter, initially, that water feels a little bit cold around your chest!

This.

I have three Polar HRMs (different types as I got more active and wanted to track different things). I recommend them to everyone :)
  • Polar is the easiest to use, but the model you get depends on your needs.