I'm thinking about ignoring the scale for a month ...

Options
2»

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am convinced the scale is only ONE indication of sucess!!! I started working with a Personal Trainer Last week and I put my scale away. I haven't looked and I don't want to look. If what I see in the mirror and the way I feel makes me happy then I am doing something right and I don't need some inanimate object telling me I am failing:)
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started my 'new life' three weeks ago, and I haven't weighed myself since October 19th. I don't plan on weighing myself at least until the start of December, if not later.

Every time I start a diet, I monitored my weight like a hawk, and if I didn't lose 17 pounds in a week, I felt like a giant failure, eventually giving up. Oh well, I'd say, I only lost 1 pound in two weeks so who cares if I have some cheesecake, not like I was losing weight anyways!

As I'm sure you can imagine, ALL these diets failed.

This time, I am making a real change to the way I live, eat, and exercise. Instead of constantly monitoring my weight, I will monitor how I feel, the subtle changes in the way my clothes fit, and how much stronger I feel. Yes, it's fun to see the numbers on the scale go down but there's also something really just liberating about saying (and honestly meaning it!) that I don't care about weight yet, I just care about learning how to be healthy and happy.

I think you should ignore it! Spend more time focusing on how you feel and hitting your personal goals (exercising daily, X amount of calories a day). If you focus on all of that, the weight loss will come naturally.