my scale isn't moving.. after 95 pounds.

Options
Hi! I'm having some trouble with my scales just not moving. Let me tell you a little about my routine, then you can decide if you'd like to add me as a friend, check out my food diary, and NOT be judgemental. We are here for encouragement and love, not to bash each other with harsh words... Don't get me wrong- I want the truth, but some people can be rude. *Whew.* Anyway, I started my weight loss journey Christmas Day 2010. Since then I've lost 95 pounds putting me at my current weight of 139. I've never been happier! I love to get up and workout in the mornings.. It's my quiet and alone time.. I get thinking done, I get my prayers and worship time in and I talk to God during that time. It's a blessing to do my workouts..

So, here is my routine/schedule:

Monday:
5-6:15am: stationary bike or treadmill.
8-5pm: work
6-7pm: kickboxing

Tuesday: (sometimes I make this a rest day, usually I dont)
4:30-6:15am: stationary bike 45 min, walking on treadmill 45 min, ab workout 15 min
5:30pm: grocery shopping or just shopping with my mom
**if I don't go grocery shopping I will go and lift with my fiance at the rec center (usually for an hour.)

Wednesday:
5:30-6:15am: stationary bike
7-8:30: youth group (I'm a youth leader)

Thursday:
5-6:15am: treadmill

Friday:
4:30-6:15am: stationary bike 45 min, walking on treadmill 45 min, ab workout 15 min

Saturday:
7-9:30am: stationary bike 60 min, walking on treadmill 60 min, abs 30 min
9:30-11:00ish: help mom clean the house
**and then I'm pretty active the rest of the day, my fiance is an indie pro-wrestler so we travel a lot this day.

Sunday:
5:45-7am: stationary bike 45 min, abs 30 min
8:45-9:30am: Worship practive
9:30-10:30am: Sunday school
10:40-12pm: Church service
**rest for the rest of the day, usually.

I eat pretty healthy, I do have slip-ups... especially the last couple of weeks since my weakness of holiday candies have started to appear... buckeyes, puppy chow, candy canes...ect :)

I understand that my body may need time to catch up, but I'm pretty busy and don't have too much money to spend on another work-out program/equipment. Everything I do is already bought and the kickboxing classes are FREE! :)

Please help! (With an open mind) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Well done !

As i can't see your diary , just a thought

Are you eating enough? Are you eating your exersise calories?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • carolynnjoy
    Options
    Strength training might be a good thing to add. I find I lose a lot better when I lift weights.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You cant be far from goal now! I have had a quick look at your diary and you really should try eating your exercise cals, make sure you are hitting your NET goal, and maybe even up your cals to lose 1/2lb per week?
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First off, Congrats! 95 pounds gone is FABULOUS! your body may be resetting its 'normal' weight. I find that varying my diet, having more whole grains and vegetables kick starts a loss trend again (which i was just thinking this morning that i was slipping in that dept. given i haven't budged on the scale for three weeks!). Good luck and God bless! i WISH i was at 139!!! (i started May 1st and have lost 28 pounds since). This is the day the Lord has made, let be glad and rejoice!:smile:
  • Couch25kCate
    Options
    I think the biggest suggestion that I have is to CHANGE your exercise routine. Maybe do treadmill, bike, treadmill, bike so you are moving between them a few times instead of staying with one for a large block of time. That might make sure your body is not used to the workout. You could also do cardio other ways... jumps, high kicks, jumping jacks, lunges, pushups, and do that between your longer bike/treadmill workouts so your muscles are being used in new ways. You are already doing a ton of exercise, so I think instead of increasing it like most would say --- I would just change it.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    After such an awesome weight loss (great job!), have you reset your calorie goals? As you get skinnier, you have to eat even less to keep losing. This website will help you with that, plus you can look at some other online calculators (google "calories to lose weight". Freedieting.com is good) I know that is such a downer, but it is true. Just know that once you get to your goal weight (and you must be close), you'll be able to add back in a FEW more calories, and that will help!

Best wishes for more success.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You could try adding some weights into your fitness regime, or some kind of strength training to go alongside the kick-boxing. You may need a bit more muscle to help burn up the fat. (well done on the weight loss so far though!)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You have done a fabulous job, and the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. The only thing that I would suggest that you change is maybe your mindset. This is a terrible time of the year to stress about weight loss. I think you should just keep your routine as it is, enjoy your holidays, and focus on that last little bit of weight after the first of the year. There is no hard deadline for when you finally complete your goal. You have achieved a lot and you deserve to relax about it just a bit. Sometimes stress can make it harder for us to lose.
  • Sukhoikris
    Sukhoikris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just want to say WOW!!!! YOU'VE DONE AN AMAZING JOB!!!!!

We don't know each other yet, but I'm inspired.

My suggestion would be to change up your work out routine, I mean really shock your body, and change up your diet some?

Remember how your body reacted when you first started out, try and recreate that.

Again, way to go!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You cant be far from goal now! I have had a quick look at your diary and you really should try eating your exercise cals, make sure you are hitting your NET goal, and maybe even up your cals to lose 1/2lb per week?

This is a good point, also. The less fat that your body has stored, the more dependent it becomes on caloric intake.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are so hard. What worked before is not working now so time to re think. Since you have alot less weight to lose, your deficite has to be very small. No more than 250 calories a day from your TDEE. You might also have to put yourself at maintenance for one month or 2 in order to give your body a break :)

Good luck
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Congrats, first of all!!! I think you have a lot of good suggestions here. I just want to add that my scale gets stuck as well. Sometimes for weeks and then all of a sudden, 4 pounds down.
    I think mixing up the exercise is a great idea. No matter what, hang in there it will happen. It gets much slower as we get closer to our goal weight! :flowerforyou:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    wow. way to go! I wish I was as dedicated as you. Maybe you should change your workout routine. perhaps your body has gotten too used to your routine.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your encouragement and kindness... My kickboxing instructor, who also keeps track of me on here (he has my username and password to check on me, lol) texted me that next week would be shock week for us! I'm so excited.... He must have read my mind- or my post, lol! Hoping that this will 'cure' me. :) Thank you all again, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!