Skin issues...

Options
crb1988
crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
I have started developing some major back acne over the past few weeks, and I need some help. I have some huge pimples on my back, from my neck to my butt, and on my shoulders. When I work out, I wear a heart rate monitor chest strap, sports bra, and shorts. I thought that these things could have been the cause, with the sweat and friction, but they aren't localized in one area.

Does anyone have any suggestions for products I can use to help with the breakouts? Does anyone know what could be causing this, so I know how to reduce or prevent the breakouts?

I know you all aren't medical professionals, but I know I can't be the only one out there with this problem...

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry you have this issue--sounds troubling :( in target's skin care aisle, i saw an acne body wash. not sure of the brand name....but i would start with your local drug store (aveeno, neutrogena, etc.) and then if things still persist, see a medical professional. hope it gets better!
  • Ninja_Johnny
    Ninja_Johnny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently heard of a study that pointed to skim Milk as a major factor in adult acne.
    I'll see if I can dig it up.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It could be that your body is adjusting to the new diet/exercise. I have heard that the chemical changes in your body plus the sweat can cause you to breakout. I'd try the OTC (over-the-counter) acne treatments available and see if any of them help. A lot of brands have body washes for full body treatment now. :) Good luck and I hope someone with personal experience comes along. If it does not seem to improve, I would see a dermatologist.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Body washes didnt help me. But try them all first. I have to take an oral antibiotic, Minocycline. A quick trip to the doctor will help you figure out what works best for you if the OTC stuff doesnt help.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to showers after your workouts? Also maybe using a loofa on your back could help exfoliate the area to help with clogged pores. When I start to work out I end up breaking out my back too,it sucks. :o(
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I used to have serious acne issues and nothing seemed to help. I even went to a dermatologist and was put on medication and given a perscription for acne face wash. Nothing helped. What did eventually help was proactiv. I know it can be expensive, but I had the really deep acne, where your face would break out, but nothing would come to a head. It was very painful and I finally decided enough was enough. I would suggest proactiv, they also have a body wash that helped me lots.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting out of your gym/workout clothes immediately after your workout.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I recently heard of a study that pointed to skim Milk as a major factor in adult acne.
    I'll see if I can dig it up.

I have heard dairy in general, and I know when my dairy intake (other than greek yogurt for some reason) is high I have tons of acne. If I don't really eat any cheeses or milk I don't really have acne.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Body washes didnt help me. But try them all first. I have to take an oral antibiotic, Minocycline. A quick trip to the doctor will help you figure out what works best for you if the OTC stuff doesnt help.

I've never had acne but my daughter did. She also was on an antibiotic and a prescription cream - after we tried everything OTC.