MFP Newbie

Options
Hi! I've just joined MFP to keep easy track of my food/fitness calories. I've struggled with losing 100lbs for about 8-9 years now and truthfully it gets more frustrating by the day that I'm currently within 10lbs of my highest weight.

I know all the facts, what I need to do, what to eat, how much exercise I need... and no matter what I do nothing seems to give me results for very long and then I end up back up.

Motivation is a big problem for me, especially when nothing seems to be working and the numbers are going the wrong way! But I've always known that I want to get as healthy as possible before trying to have a child and with that decision becoming closer and closer I'm sure that will help to keep me motivated as I wnat more than anything to be a healthy weight for my baby!

Looking forward to getting to know the site and you all! :happy:

Replies

• KiteGirl83
    Options
    Welcome! I'm struggling with motivation, too! But I find making friends on here helps. A lot of us experience similar things, and while no one else in life (it seems) goes through the same stuff I do- I always find someone here with the same thing going on. It helps to talk about it!

Good luck! Track honestly every day, even on bad days, and you'll start losing!
  • jlafas1981
    Options
    Welcome!

I have 100+ weight to lose and we can do it together :)
  • TLa818
    TLa818 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined MFP to keep easy track of my food/fitness calories. I've struggled with losing 100lbs for about 8-9 years now and truthfully it gets more frustrating by the day that I'm currently within 10lbs of my highest weight.

I know all the facts, what I need to do, what to eat, how much exercise I need... and no matter what I do nothing seems to give me results for very long and then I end up back up.

Motivation is a big problem for me, especially when nothing seems to be working and the numbers are going the wrong way! But I've always known that I want to get as healthy as possible before trying to have a child and with that decision becoming closer and closer I'm sure that will help to keep me motivated as I wnat more than anything to be a healthy weight for my baby!

Looking forward to getting to know the site and you all! :happy:

I'm in a similar boat. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, exercised , lifted weights and counted the calories/carbs/fat etc but it's so much work and life caught up with me. I'm about 10 pounds from my heaviest and it's so depressing. How did I let this happen again, you know? I'm confident I can do it again, I just need to DO IT :)
  • oceanchica
    oceanchica Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing results and getting to know everyone :)
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too had 100 lbs to loose. So far I've lost 66. I'd love to friend you and we'll do this together.