Soooo Disappointed :-(

Options
I have been on MFP for almost 2 months and things had been going great! I lost 20 lbs and a bunch of inches. I've been exercise everyday and have been really dedicated to changing my life. Well my weight loss has slowed down in the last week and my measurements didnt change at all last week so I started thinking maybe I should start eating back my exercise calories. I have only been eating 1200 a day meaning I usually only net around 600 on average. My weight went UP 2 lbs this weekend! Then, to make matters worse, I tried running this morning and my hips hurt so bad I had to stop after 4 mins and walk the rest of the time. I always have hip discomfort when running but this morning was really bad and I just couldn't do it. So now I am feeling really down on myself and I know in the past this is about the time that I give up and go back to my old ways. I feel like I never last more than a couple months when trying to lose weight and get in shape. I really don't want to quit this time but I am finding it so hard to be motivated right now. I might just be having a bad day b/c I am also coming down with a cold but I think I need a kick in the butt to keep me going!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1200 cals (600 net) is much too low for someone weighing 180lbs. eat more

and try to weigh yourself once a month compared to every week or just ditch the scale entirely and go by measurements and the mirror
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If you are coming down with a cold then you are going to be a bit stiff which would explain why you couldn't finish run! Stop beating yourself up! Your body is telling you that it needs to take it easier for a bit. Up your calories to heal your body but watch where those calories are coming from too! You got this! Take back the reigns!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    dont throw in the towel! look how far you have come, you are doing so good, now is not the time to give up! My WW leader used to say that people usually give up right before they meet their goal. I agree with acg, clothes are a better way of monitoring. the scale messes with your head sometimes, especially as a woman as we fluctuate a lot more than men.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    First understand that 1-2 lbs fluctuation is normal during the week or even during the day. Your weight will not just go straight down, even though you may be doing everything right. Water weight, stress, all affects our weight...

Also, if you're having discomfort running scale back and rest. Try a combination of running and walking. You don't have to go out and run a marathon your first time.

Bottom line is you're doing great with a 20 lb weight loss. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay consistent, regardless of what the scale says.